Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment

davedj44
davedj44 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
Hi. 
I have just had an assessment. It was very odd. I was asked to wait in a separate room, the lady was only interested in certain aspects of my illness. She said at the end of a very short assessment, maybe 15 minutes. I waited an hour over the time of the appointment. She said she was going to recommend to not be. Called in for sometime and I had nothing to worry about. All good you might say, however, after a terrible pip assessment last year where I was stripped of enhanced rate and awarded 0 points, I am very unsure. In the pip assessment they were only focused on the other elements of my illness. One other thing, I signed up for the online tribunal checker. I decided to call yesterday to see if there was anything I could be told about a date, to my surprise I was told a letter had been sent out on the 17th of May and my tribunal date is for the 13th June, a year and a day from when it was stopped. I question to point of the tracker service after this? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

During a work capability assessment it's not unusual for them to concentrate on your conditions that may place you into a group, rather that concentrate on all your conditions.

The time you were in the assessment doesn't really make any difference. I've been to assessments myself and the shortest has been 10 minutes and longest has been 1 hour 10 minutes.

Leave it about a week and ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Sorry, i've never heard of the online tracker service for Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    i also scored 0 points, after 5 previos passes with the same illness, same notes, same comments on my form, as tbh apart from getting worse, it's all the same stuff, so your not alone, there's plenty in the same boat, good luck at Tribunal and let us all know how you get on, i'm still waiting for MR so Tribunal dates are still on hold until for me, so fingers crossed you get what you hope and deserve 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.