What a Crazy System — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What a Crazy System

te1
te1 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
Hi 
So I went for my f2f assessment for pip on 24th April I haven't heard anything back regarding their decision of any award, but have received a letter out of the blue from my local council saying New details have been provided to us by DWP. Your personal independence payments has been awarded. Has anyone else had this seems a strange way of letting me know that I've been awarded pip would of thought DWP would write to me first b4 my local council 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Odd but the council have online access to claiments and new award updates. Requesting a copy of your assessment report about a week after your assessment will have given you an idea of what your award may or should be but you still have to wait for the official notification letter. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    This is not uncommon, other departments with an interest are notified electronically while you have to wait for snail mail
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • te1
    It is just that, a snail trail it seems that the person actually involved is the last to know
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Check your bank, if it's a first claim or you haven't transferred from DLA then payment usually arrives before the letter too.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • te1
    I was originally on DLA low rate and changed to pip so still getting dla rate at moment 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    If you are successfully awarded PIP then payments won't start for approximately 7 weeks after the decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.