W — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

W

Bevers1959
Bevers1959 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
Hi can somebody please help ,was on pip and working tax credits , pip was stopped as well as wtc ,had to claim uc ,now got my pip reinstated, but cause claim uc ,i am now stuck on uc and get no housing benefit and £300 month worse off and have to pay full rent ,can i appeal to have wtc reinstated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Unfortunately, because you claimed UC you can't go back onto tax credits because it no longer exists. If you work less than 16 hours per week then you can claim limited capability for work under UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gruber
    gruber Posts: 29 Listener
    Isn't this the very real reason why UC came about? To further reduce dependency on benefits by those of working age?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Yup that's what it was meant to do. Some will be better off, others will be worse off. For UC the disabled element equivalent is LCWRA element and to claim this you have to have limited capability for work and to start the process off you need to be working less than 16 hours per week and send in fit notes from your GP. Working more than 16 hours means you don't have limited capability for work, unfortunately.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bevers1959
    Bevers1959 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
    Gruber, i am 59 work 24hrs  wk have bi-polar, ptsd due to abuse, i dont want to give a job up and live off benefits, just want benefits i had before ,i am being penalized for insisting i need to work

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.