Pip assessment recording devices — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment recording devices

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there can anyone reccomend some recording devices for pip assesments please that are acceptable and fairly reasonably priced that will work. The criteria says that they can only recorded onto CD or tape, which rules out all modern technology. Obviously trying to make it difficult for everyone so they dont get caught out. Thanks in advance

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Options
    I used two tape recorders from Argos

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5740413

Some people don't agree with recording especially if people are saying have certain things wrong with them because it can go against you if it's you starting the recorders and not someone else. I will also point out that this won't stop the assessor from doing an inaccurate report but it will give you proof of what was said in the assessment.

I recorded my assessment in April, got the report last week and there was a shed load of discrepancies in it, so when we have the decision letter Welfare Right are going to help with an MR (if needed) and a complaint against the assessor. 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    WF2k said:

I recorded my assessment in April, got the report last week and there was a shed load of discrepancies in it, so when we have the decision letter Welfare Right are going to help with an MR (if needed) and a complaint against the assessor. 
    @WF2k....I was in a similar situation to you. Quite a lot of the justification for the assessor choosing a particular score was based on what it was claimed, wrongly, that I had said in my interview. I contacted the assessment company and asked them to make corrections.They were very defensive  and said that they couldn't change anything but eventually, they carried out a 'clinical review' 

When the DWP got the review it was so different to the original that the they did a MR....

Personally as regards making a complaint about the assessor I wouldn't bother. They wouldn't acknowledge that anything was wrong initially even though the report had been completely re-written.

Good luck - let us know what happens.....

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Options
    @cristobal Thanks, they are still going to get a complaint regardless of them acknowledging it or not. I just don't agree with what they are doing to people, it should be taken more seriously by the assessment companies and the government. Need to wait for the decision letter before we can do anything and then I'll update my other post :) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.