Autism, Social Media & Quality of Life Study — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autism, Social Media & Quality of Life Study

ellyruthgay
ellyruthgay Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Autism, Social Media & Quality of Life Study

Introduction:

Hello, I'm Elly and I'm a Psychology student at University of East London.
I also have a sibling with autism.

About the research:
  • I'm investigating the relationship between social media use and quality of life in adults with autism.
  • Social media is a widely debated topic but its use among adults with autism is less understood.
  • I want to find out how adults with autism use social media and whether it has the capacity to impact positively on their lives.
  • Any adult (autism diagnosis or not) can take part in the study as I require a range of responses.
  • The study is an online questionnaire which is completely anonymous. The questionnaire should take about 15 minutes to complete (please see link below).
  • The research has been ethically approved by the supervisory board at UEL.
Contact details:
If you have any questions or would like more information, don't hesitate to comment below or get in touch at [removed by moderator]

Survey Link:
https://uelpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eYcaO2gqaZXmZ3T

Many thanks in advance

Elly

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ellyruthgay, I hope you get the participants you are looking for and I wish you the very best of luck with your study!
    Scope

• mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    ( diagnosed ) It helps me because I don’t have to go face to face with people, on the other hand sometimes I get confused on people’s replies and misunderstand them and quick to jump and be snappy. I can right down a thousand words in one text but I definatly can’t say a thousand words to someone’s face.
  • ellyruthgay
    Hi @ellyruthgay, I hope you get the participants you are looking for and I wish you the very best of luck with your study!
    Thank you so much!
  • ellyruthgay
    ( diagnosed ) It helps me because I don’t have to go face to face with people, on the other hand sometimes I get confused on people’s replies and misunderstand them and quick to jump and be snappy. I can right down a thousand words in one text but I definatly can’t say a thousand words to someone’s face.
    Thanks so much for these comments - I will make sure they are included in the study. :smile:

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.