Pip disaster — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip disaster

struggle2222
struggle2222 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
Hi guys need some advice and maybe some support. I was awarded pip for daily living at the higher rate and nothing for mobility back in 2015 (I think) and nothing for mobility. Last nov I was sent a letter saying that my award was being reviewed. I suffer from terrible mental health issues and have done for most of my life - since my late teens I’m now nearly 40. On the form I said that my symptoms have become worse and I find it even more difficult to go outside. I was invited to a face to face back in March. This week on Monday I was sent a letter saying my daily living has been totally stopped but I will get the lower rate for mobility. I also got a copy of the face to face report. The report was totally a lie, it was the opposite of everything I said during the thing. The nurse who did it wrote done the absolute opposite of what I told her about my day to day living and I was scored 0 on pretty much everything. I immediately phoned them and asked for a mandatory reconsideration. And I also sent them a letter to explain why I think the decision is wrong. Today I got a letter regarding my ESA and that’s been drastically reduced as a result of me not getting daily living. All in all I will be £520 a month worse off because of that horrendous face to face that I had to endure. Does anyone know how long the mandatory part takes and do I have any chance of the decision being overturned? And also any moral support is most welcome!! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @struggle2222 and welcome

There is no time scale in which an MR is carried out
    Success at MR is around 18% so start thinking about appeal to tribunal
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • struggle2222
    Hi @struggle2222 and welcome

There is no time scale in which an MR is carried out
    Success at MR is around 18% so start thinking about appeal to tribunal
    Is it normal for the face to face assessment to be so untrue?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger

It does happen yes but remember there's a lot of people that are awarded successfully but we never hear the good stories only the bad.

When requesting the MR you should avoid mentioning any lies in the report because they won't be interested in any of those. Instead concentrate on where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • struggle2222

It does happen yes but remember there's a lot of people that are awarded successfully but we never hear the good stories only the bad.

When requesting the MR you should avoid mentioning any lies in the report because they won't be interested in any of those. Instead concentrate on where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why.
    In the response I sent I didn’t make any accusation. I said I felt that their decision was wrong and that I’d like for the daily living part to be looked at again as things are worse than before. 
  • stonker01
    stonker01 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    I didn't know it can effect esa I thought they were 2 seperate claims??
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    The two  are separate but PIP can passport you to additional premiums paid with your ESA. If you were in receipt of these premiums and you lose your PIP then these premiums will also stop
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • struggle2222
    stonker01 said:
    I didn't know it can effect esa I thought they were 2 seperate claims??
    Yeah you get certain premiums if you get daily living, my esa has gone from £388 to 250 something per fortnight- plus the loss of my enhanced daily living component which was £350 a month. It’s a huge financial hit and I’m not sure I’ll be able to survive. I’ve even started looking for local food banks as I am going to have to make cuts everywhere!!
  • poppy123456
    You were most likely claiming the severe disability premium in with your ESA because you live alone. Losing the daily living part of PIP will mean you're not entitled to the SDP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • struggle2222
    You were most likely claiming the severe disability premium in with your ESA because you live alone. Losing the daily living part of PIP will mean you're not entitled to the SDP.
    I know and now it’s left me with very little to live on!! It’s unbelievable how one bad report can ruin a life!
  • stonker01
    stonker01 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    Wow that is an incredible impact isn't it.
    My partner is on esa support group I'm on that claim. I'm not entirely sure what we get a fortnight as money is deducted. I will look into this actually.
    My partner is waiting an esa assessment but the pip has gone so wrong this one is going to be hell I know it she got pip and esa forms at the same time in Feb 
    Pip assessment scored 0 this time but heard nothing from esa 
    So can my partners esa now go down then 
  • poppy123456
    stonker01 said:
    Wow that is an incredible impact isn't it.
    My partner is on esa support group I'm on that claim. I'm not entirely sure what we get a fortnight as money is deducted. I will look into this actually.
    My partner is waiting an esa assessment but the pip has gone so wrong this one is going to be hell I know it she got pip and esa forms at the same time in Feb 
    Pip assessment scored 0 this time but heard nothing from esa 
    So can my partners esa now go down then 
    SDP would only be payable to your partner if you were also claiming a qualify benefit such as DLA mid/high rate care or PIP daily living and no one claims carers allowance for looking after her. There must also be no other adults living in the house.

Aside from that if your partner is placed into the WRAG then money is decreased. If found fit for work then money stops.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.