Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment

Susie55
Susie55 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
Well I've just come home from having my ESA assessment,I must say the lady I had was lovely.Went better than I thought I didn't have to do any activities ,and she said she had enough evidence so I didn't answer many questions.Its just a waiting game now,will hear apparently in a few weeks.I am mentally and physically exhausted now :-)

Comments

• Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    Hello Susie My name is Connie00 thank you for sharing this post is nice to know that these assessments are nothing to be afraid off I am sorry that you feel so worn out But I am sure it will be worth it, mine also went very well, the lady I saw was really kind and understanding.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad it's all over, for now. If you live in the UK ring next week to ask for the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Susie55
    Who do I phone is it DWP or EsA and just ask for my report is it?
  • poppy123456
    ESA which is part of DWP
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Susie55
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hi @Susie55, I was just about to post on your old thread to see how you got on yesterday and spotted this! Really glad to read that it wasn't as bad as you were expecting. If you're able, give them a call next week like Poppy suggests! Let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Susie55
    I don't know if I messaging right,I open a new discussion every time Is this wrong.Also could you give me phone number of who I phone for report is it the one on my letter I received telling me to go for assessment :-)
  • poppy123456
    Don't have have to start a new discussion everytime you have a question. You can ask it on another thread that you created.

No, the number on the appointment letter is for the health assessment providers. You need to ring DWP/ESA and this is the number. 0800 169 0310

• Adrian_Scope
    Either way is fine @Susie55, whatever you find easiest or suits you best! :)
    @poppy123456 has kindly shared the number above. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Susie55
    Hi,i think ive posted this in new discussion,but i will do it here as well.Just had my medical report back from my esa assessment,There are no points on it but it states i have met criteria for Limited Work Related and Work Capability.Does this mean i will still get my esa benefit .I am rather confused
  • poppy123456
    Susie55 said:
    Hi,i think ive posted this in new discussion,but i will do it here as well.Just had my medical report back from my esa assessment,There are no points on it but it states i have met criteria for Limited Work Related and Work Capability.Does this mean i will still get my esa benefit .I am rather confused
    Hi,

I answered on your other thread here. It's support group.https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/60549/medical-report#latest

• Susie55
    Hi everyone ,just to leave you know had letter at long last to say i have been awarded my ESA,what a relief its been to have it in black and white.I can relax a bit now and hope i will not hear from them for a while at least.Fingers crossed  :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @Susie55. That's great news, very pleased for you! Thank you for letting us know. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.