sent renew forms in pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

sent renew forms in pip

ollieconure
ollieconure Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
hi all i sent my forms back i paid for recorded delivery so on checking on tracking i can see it was signed for but ive had no confirmation text or anything yet to say they had received it backs this quite normal its only been a week since they got signed for,

Comments

• struggle2222
    struggle2222 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
    hi all i sent my forms back i paid for recorded delivery so on checking on tracking i can see it was signed for but ive had no confirmation text or anything yet to say they had received it backs this quite normal its only been a week since they got signed for,
    It takes them about 3-5 days for the paperwork to make its way through their internal systems. I know this from experience. They get the letter, then they have to scan it etc etc 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Sending forms recorded delivery is a waste of money because it still has to go through the mail sorting process and all it means is that someone from Royal Mail has signed for it, it doesn't mean it's arrived. It can also take them a few weeks to send a text to say they've received it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • struggle2222
    Sending forms recorded delivery is a waste of money because it still has to go through the mail sorting process and all it means is that someone from Royal Mail has signed for it, it doesn't mean it's arrived. It can also take them a few weeks to send a text to say they've received it.
    No someone at the dwp has to sign for it when the post man delivers it to their office.
  • poppy123456
    That's not correct. It's signed for by someone from Royal Mail sorting office and definitely not by someone from DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • struggle2222
    That's not correct. It's signed for by someone from Royal Mail sorting office and definitely not by someone from DWP.
    Well my letter took two days to arrive and it was signed at the dwp office today. And the name of the person was on there along with signature. And the time it was delivered. 
  • struggle2222
    I agree with the money part. I just sent my document 1st class signed for as it was £1.90 the post office told me that it would cost £6 something to send it recorded. That’s just outrageous. I never even knew that’s what the cost of sending a letter with one sheet of paper in it was!!
  • poppy123456

Well my letter took two days to arrive and it was signed at the dwp office today. And the name of the person was on there along with signature. And the time it was delivered. 
    That's not someone from DWP, it's someone from the Royal Mail sorting office. This is the reason why sending recording delivery is a waste of money because even though it's been signed for it doesn't mean it's arrived at DWP.
  • struggle2222

That's not someone from DWP, it's someone from the Royal Mail sorting office. This is the reason why sending recording delivery is a waste of money because even though it's been signed for it doesn't mean it's arrived at DWP.
    Do you think I should send another copy regular first class so they can’t say they never got it??
  • poppy123456
    Sorry, i have no idea what you mean by this. You already sent your form so there's no need to send another copy. It can take 7 working days for your forms to arrive with DWP, even when sending by recorded delivery.
  • poppy123456
    Sorry just re-read your previous comment and now i understand, it's been a long day lol. I wouldn't worry, give them a ring in about 1 week to see if they've received it.
  • struggle2222
    Sorry just re-read your previous comment and now i understand, it's been a long day lol. I wouldn't worry, give them a ring in about 1 week to see if they've received it.
    I’m sorry I wasn’t as clear as I thought. But at least you understood what I meant. Yeah I’ll give them a call on Wednesday next week as Monday is a bank holiday. 
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    I've sent my PIP form back by recorded delivery and they replied with a text msg confirming they received them.
    And now today I've received a letter saying I haven't sent them back yet.
    They have a strange way of doing things !!!
  • struggle2222
    KG100 said:
    I've sent my PIP form back by recorded delivery and they replied with a text msg confirming they received them.
    Absolute shambles. Maybe the letter was sent in error. I’d call them if I were you!
  • KG100
    Are the people who send us text msgs the same people who send us the brown envelopes ?
  • struggle2222
    KG100 said:
    Are the people who send us text msgs the same people who send us the brown envelopes ?
    I think it’s a case of the monkeys running the zoo 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Lol the letter was probably sent before hand.
  • KG100
    I think the monkey comment could be true !!
  • poppy123456
    KG100 said:
    The letter was most likely automatically sent out before they received the form. If forms aren't received by a certain date the computer will automatically generate a letter. My guess is, this crossed with you returning the form.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Yeah, you even get them if you've asked for an extension, they usually tell you to ignore it when you ask for the extension though (they did us).

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.