Award lenght — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Award lenght

Options
brad72
brad72 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
Hia all, i have received my pip letter and I am really confused, as it says im getting it for 3 years on both daily living and mobility from 19th june 2019 to april 2022, but to be reviewed after 22 april 2021, so if thats correct they are only giving it me for 1 year and 3 months and if they do the reveiw 12 months early then it should be 2 years any advice please.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Your calculations are wrong. From June 2019 to April 2021 is 1 year and 10 months before they will contact you, not 1 year and 3 months. People are also saying that they are being contacted 6 months before the award ends rather than 12 months but i haven't actually seen confirmation of that yet. Reviews can also take quite a few months depending on backlog in your area. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @brad72 PIP reviews can take place at anytime up to 12 months before tour award is due to end. The length of your award is just under 3 years, so you will be due a review from anytime after April 2021. Hope this helps :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    The date is calculated from the date of your assessment, less a day. So if you had your assessment on 22nd April 2019 then your award runs for three years from that date up to 21st April 2022.
    As Poppy said, by then your review form will probably be sent six months before that date, instead of twelve months.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.