Assessor query — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessor query

thedoc
thedoc Community member Posts: 51 Connected
Hi I've got my pip assessment on Wednesday I'm wondering if i will be allowed to be on my oxygen while I'm having my assessment because i have to be on oxygen for a minimum of 16hrs daily or should i ask him/her first 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Why are you on oxygen? Do you have a tracheotomy or not? Can you ask for a home assessment or not? Sorry I cannot be of more help as I don’t have experience with breathing issues. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi thedoc

You should not change your routine for the assessment. If you should be on oxygen at that time then do so, it is your health and you do not need permission
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Why are you on oxygen? Do you have a tracheotomy or not?
    Hi,

We are not medical professionals here so it doesn't matter why they are using it. If they need to use the oxygen during the assessment then that's what they should do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thedoc
    Pip assessment on Wednesday coz I'm on oxygen 16hrs daily will i be allowed to go on oxygen when I m being assessed
  • CockneyRebel
    Yes
  • thedoc
    April 2018 mom I'm on oxygen minimum 16hrs daily because i have COPD 
  • thedoc
    Thanks cockneyRebel I'm normally on oxygen at that time of the morning so i will use it 
  • CockneyRebel
    do you also use a nebuliser or puffer ?
  • thedoc
    Thank you poppy 
    123456 I will stay on it in my assessment 
  • thedoc
  • thedoc
    Yes i have a nebulizer as well
  • CockneyRebel
    If you need to use it then do so. I have a mini pocket size neb as well as a mains one which is less restrictive
  • thedoc
    Yes I'll be looking to buy one of those very shortly are they any good ?
  • CockneyRebel
    I have both a battery one and a rechargeable one. The rechargeable has two settings and I think it is the better, they work fine when you need to be away from the mains unit
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @thedoc, best of luck for your assessment tomorrow! Let us know how you get on (and like everyone else said, don't change your routine for the assessment, if you're supposed to use your oxygen, use it). :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • thedoc
    Thanks Adrian I will 
  • thedoc
    Hi all I'm a little confused when you have your assessment results back what do  people mean by adding the dots and the ticks up??? Do actually put dots and ticks on the form ????
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Towards the back of the report there will be boxes with dots/ticks for the PIP descriptors. They aren't added because they are just recommendations. You need to look at the PIP descriptors to compare them against, then add up what you have scored. Mostly they go with the report so by adding them this will give you some idea what the decision will be. Of course you still need to wait for the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thedoc
    Thanks for clarifying that 
  • thedoc
    Just finished my f2f home pip assessment rather daunting to say the least. She was lovely fair play.how long do i have to wait before i request a copy of the assessment plz it will be interesting to see what she has written 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.