Useful resource for PIP regulations and case law — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Useful resource for PIP regulations and case law

Options
Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
Hello all,

We've had this resource (pipinfo) shared with us and it comes complete with a recommendation from a former tribunal judge, the late Sir Henry Brooke. We thought it might be useful to those of you with an interest in the finer details of PIP case law.

Cheers,

Adrian
Community Manager
Scope

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Adrain_scope, that’s a lot of bed time readIng Adrian, I have a lot of information in pdf format on PIP, ESA and many other matters that where or are relevant to myself and my own medical condition. But I try not to read up on these topics unless I need to or offer option or advice but thanks for your sourcing the information for us I hope many will download to pdf and keep for reference.
  • wilko
    Options
    @mikehughescq, the only trouble with this information is you have to be a registered member to get full details. Benefits and work has great resources for members and non members.
  • Murphy1926
    Murphy1926 Community member Posts: 36 Listener
    Options
    Not sure if right discussion but  can someone advise if the pip form has to be back by the first of June is it ok if it arrives on the 30 of may.thank you.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,998 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not sure if right discussion but  can someone advise if the pip form has to be back by the first of June is it ok if it arrives on the 30 of may.thank you.
    As long as it's back by the date stated then it's fine, it doesn't have to arrive exactly on that date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Murphy1926
    Options
    Thank you poppy was getting a bit worried as appointment with welfare adviser is on the 29th may he did say it will get there in time but it will be sent back by recorded next day delivery.only pip sent me a reminder.thank you
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Have you rang to request a 14 day extension? Next day delivery doesn't mean it will arrive with DWP that day. It simply means that it will arrive at DWP sorting office and that doesn't mean anything other than someone from Royal Mail has signed for it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Murphy1926
    Options
    No the case worker is doing it I informed him that the form said it had to be back by the lst even tho I'm not seeing him till 29 I will suggest this to him.the form was request on the 1st may and I received it I think 10 13 days later 
  • Murphy1926
    Options
    He was quiet confident and said it will be back before the 1st June the 1st being on a saturday
  • poppy123456
    Options
    He was quiet confident and said it will be back before the 1st June the 1st being on a saturday
    This is bad advice, i'm sorry. Please ring DWP on Tuesday morning and request the 14 day extension then you'll know for sure than your form will arrive within that date. Sending your form back 1 day before the deadline is extremely risky.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Seems to me to be a two tier system.You either have a good understanding of the welfare system and have access to all manner of sources of information or you are just hoping for the best hardly knowing anything and not having had any help or advice along the way.
    Why should those claimants that are so lucky to have the resources of these types of Welfare rights officers probably have a far better chance of getting the right decision (award and length)? Don't seem fair to me at all.
  • wilko
    Options
    @twonker, having all the information either hard copies or downloaded in pdf format is available to all those who post on this forum. Most sites give information regarding benefits of every sort and the government sites offer pdf downloads so there is no excuse for stating it’s a two tier system, if you google the question then look at your results and download the pdf files that are of interest to the benefit you are claiming or require information about also welfare groups come up in your results so look, seek and you will find. Save your pdfs into your own information library for future use.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I'm not disputing that a lot of information is out there. It's OK downloading it all or printing off copies, the problem comes when most of it to ordinary individuals is not understandable. Then you get into the realm of case law. Who can understand all of that. That is why there are trained and experienced welfare rights officers who do understand all of it and help/assist a client through the maze. For the rest of us that don't/can't access this vast wealth of expertise you might as well be sitting an English Literature A level examination paper based on Tolstoy's 'War & Peace'. 
    To resolve all of this there should be more advice centres staffed with these officers for everyone to access when they need help or advice. 

I don't understand much of the welfare system and have never sought out any help from anybody. I'm the only one that knows how my life is  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.