Refused PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Refused PIP

Desperado
Desperado Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hiya. .just feeling so despondent . I have been refused PIP again and feel the assessor lied about my assessment. What do I do? Feeling so stressed and upset as my physical conditions are restricting my life massively and then there's my mental issues...severe depression which is worsening as time goes on. Why don't they  understand how all this affects everything in my life. Feel like giving up 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Desperado.

I'm so sorry that you are having with your PIP.

Please please have a good look at our home page where you will find lots of info on the PIP process.

We also have a "Benefit Advisor" who will be help you out as well.

If you need any further help please let me know ????

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Desperado

Have you requested a mandatory review? Also did you get a copy of the assessment report?

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Desperado,

Welcome to Scope's online community.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with PIP. As @Geoark mentions, have you requested a mandatory reconsideration? We have lots of useful information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website.

You mention giving up - if you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.
    Liam
  • minimouse61
    minimouse61 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    has any one been court and refused there pip here ..
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Based on what I read here and on other similar site many do in fact lose at a Tribunal hearing. If you go alone without being professionally represented then you have an almost 50% chance of losing. If you are represented that falls to about a 30% chance of losing.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you represented or not? That can make it a bit easier for you. My son’s amazing social worker offered to come to our tribunal and lend moral support too.
    She helped me with the paperwork and she called them on my behalf once or twice to see if they had made a decision yet. I’d also recommend contacting CAB for advice or support. How much evidence did you send with the claim form? Make sure that you get a copy of your assessment report for peace of mind.
    How far along are you in the process? What stage are you at? Good luck to you. I hope you are awarded what you deserve. And I hear you. I felt like giving up the day I read the assessment report that was sent to my email address.
    But I’m going to advise you to try again. Keep checking on things too. Keep us posted on what happens next. It is definitely worth the hassle eventually but it is hard, isn’t it? 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger

Based on what I read here and on other similar site many do in fact lose at a Tribunal hearing. If you go alone without being professionally represented then you have an almost 50% chance of losing. If you are represented that falls to about a 30% chance of losing.
    @yadnad - looking at this another way you have a 50% chance of success unrepresented, rising to 70% of success if you are represented...
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    But I’m going to advise you to try again. Keep checking on things too. Keep us posted on what happens next. It is definitely worth the hassle eventually but it is hard, isn’t it? 
    I'm wondering that as we all age and ignoring what M/s Rudd said about giving all State Retired Pensioners a 10 year award and no more face to face assessments as that will never happen, there must come a time when someone who is 71 and is going through the re-assessment face to face process at the moment is going to have to throw the towel in.
  • minimouse61
    minimouse61 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Are you represented or not? That can make it a bit easier for you. My son’s amazing social worker offered to come to our tribunal and lend moral support too.
    She helped me with the paperwork and she called them on my behalf once or twice to see if they had made a decision yet. I’d also recommend contacting CAB for advice or support. How much evidence did you send with the claim form? Make sure that you get a copy of your assessment report for peace of mind.
    How far along are you in the process? What stage are you at? Good luck to you. I hope you are awarded what you deserve. And I hear you. I felt like giving up the day I read the assessment report that was sent to my email address.
    i got lawyer he also did all my papers for my son but still lost,,and he surpose to be s top lawyer...then we sitll had to have assessment n a home visit as fear of strangers ..still lost so did out manatary they did  not even look at it as came back to fast, ,,now going court wed and lawyer say cant talk for us we will be asked questions..so i ask him what i paid u for when do u talk for us,,he say can step in when we get stuck ,but i thought they talk for us,,so me n my son fear we not win n if he dont he have no money to live on,,and i stuggleing as well

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Being represented at a Tribunal doesn't mean they will speak on your behalf, they are not allowed to do that. If you are your son's appointee then you will be able to speak on behalf of him. If you're not then he'll have to answer all the questions himself. This is because the Tribunal will want him to tell them in his own words how his conditions affect him.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.