Scared of request for Mandantory Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Scared of request for Mandantory Reconsideration

KEE
KEE Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
Hi,
I recently received my award for PIP and wish to request a MR on 2 things that were wrong on the decision and I have further evidence to send in. I called PIP earlier in the week and was told I will still receive my award money whilst I await an MR decision but to be aware that looking at it again could result in the award being reduced.
I understand that part but I have read elsewhere online that any money will be stopped if requesting a MR until a decision is made and so my question is, is this true?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    What you read online is not correct. If you have an award in placed during the MR then you'll continue to receive your money. However, they will look at the whole award again and not just part of it and no one on an internet forum can tell you whether your existing award is at risk.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KEE
    @poppy123456 thank you and sorry I didn’t see your reply come up in my notification email. I was wondering why no one had replied, was getting worried. This has put my mind at rest, I thought it rather cruel to stop payment during a MR and a feeling of ‘held to ransom’ I know a decision after an MR could be lowered, remain the same or stopped. Thank you.
  • KEE
    Does this apply to an ‘appeal’ if needed?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. Yes, if you still have an award after the MR then you'll continue to receive payments while waiting for the Tribunal, which could take over a year.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KEE
    Your so helpful. Thank you once again. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.