Pip tribunal decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal decision

Options
cheryllin2436
cheryllin2436 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my husband had his pip tribunal today at 3:00 feel like we where in there for ages.
They asked a few different questions each . And at the end we thought we would get a decision of the out come but was told the decision will be posted out. I dont know if this is going to be good or bad news from there decision. 
Is this normal procedure as I though we would get a decision. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Sometimes it's not always possible to make a decision on the day. If this happens they will write to him within a couple of days. It doesn't mean anything other than a decision couldn't be made today. Lots of people are successful with Tribunals even when they don't have a decision on the day.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cheryllin2436
    Options
    My husband received his tribunal decision today and he was awarded high care high mobility, now to wait for the 13 months back pay they owe him.. 
  • Dumpling
    Dumpling Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    That's brilliant news. I have my pip trubinal on the 7th June and I am anxious. I receive standard for both at the moment. 
  • cheryllin2436
    Options
    The tribunal isn’t as bad as what we first thought either there really nice there is a judge a doctor a disability person and someone from dwp the dwp person doesn’t say anything to you.. they will ask you questions the judge doctor disability person ask different questions and there not there to judge there very calm and understanding. Last about 25 mins we didn’t get a decision straight away I think it was because how distressing it was for my husband as he has severe ptsd from being in the Army. We certainly wasn’t expecting to receive both high rate care and mobility 
    it’s taken 13 months of stress and anxiety to get to this point..

Good luck for you tribunal don’t worry take your time answering questions ask them to repeat them if you don’t understand. You will be fine...
  • Dumpling
    Dumpling Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    Thank you. I had stage 4 cancer and had numerous amount of chemos and had a stem cell transplant. I have been left with numerous amount of conditions now which are for life. I just want a fair hearing as the dwp wrote things that wasn't true even though I have so much evidence from my consultants.
  • cheryllin2436
    Options
    That’s what happened to my husband in the medical she wrote things what wasn’t true and some questions in the report wasn’t even said. Even down to his mental health that wasn’t in the medical  report either. It’s disgusting how they treat you in a medical assessment they don’t care.
    the tribunal is scary I was a nervous wreck.. but they Put us at ease at lot.
    keep us updated on your tribunal I wish you all the luck in the world..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.