PIP review but no form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review but no form

Options
Kdkkd5
Kdkkd5 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi everyone, on the 27th of March I received a text message from DWP saying thank you for filling in and sending back the 'How your disability affects you' form...which I never received so I called them up and the lovely lady on the other end said yes she could see that the text was send but she doesn't understand why because they hadn't sent a form out to me. Forward three weeks and I received a letter from Capita saying that DWP had requested that my PIP claim be reviewed I wasn't surprised by this but gave them a phone just to ask why and I was told to contact the DWP which I did again! This time i said to the lady that I hadn't received a review form to fill in and this not as quite nice lady said well one was sent out in August but then said well maybe it wasn't....what a flamin palava and my anxiety is all over the place. My question is can I be reviewed without filling in a form because the second lady also said that it was to late to send out another form?? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes you can be but i don't understand why you didn't receive the forms. Usually if the form isn't received back by the date in the letter then they stop your money. Have you changed address and didn't report the change?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Kdkkd5Kdkkd5,

I"m really sorry to hear this, no wonder you are feeling anxious. When it comes to reassessment, the law doesn't specify that any particular form is required. The law also doesn't require that you have a face to face consultation - so some people do, and some people don't, even on an initial claim.

However, there is a regulation about information and evidence which says that the DWP can require you to provide it, and that if you don't provide it within a certain time without a good reason, they can make a negative decision. Obviously you have a very good reason because you didn't receive the form!

You've been in touch with them twice now and it's clear that something has gone wrong, possibly at their end (it sounds as if the form was never sent out). I would just make sure that you keep a record of the dates & times you rang them & the details of what was said. Unfortunately it is possible they'll go ahead with the reassessment anyway. You don't say whether you've heard about an assessment date from Capita, but if you have, I'd suggest as ilovecats points out that you make it clear what has & hasn't changed in writing & make sure that you send that to the DWP as well, & ask for it to form part of the reassessment as you haven't received an AR1. And keep a copy, of course.

Good luck with it all....let us know if we can help further.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

• Kdkkd5
    Kdkkd5 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thanks guys for your replies. I had my assessment on Monday 24th. Two assessors came to my home and when I asked them why I was given an assessment at home they said normally because it is requested by the person receiving the assessment....I did not at any time request this. My son was there the whole time and took notes of everything that was asked and my replies so now I supposed it's just a waiting game to see how long it all takes to go through to the dwp and how long they take. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Request a copy of the assessment report about a week later, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.