What to write on review if no change — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What to write on review if no change

Options
dillan5560
dillan5560 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi I will be coming up for a review for pip in Sept 2019 even thou pip until Sept 2020
My question is I get enhanced on both but nothing has changed as the condition is for life and damage on mri still same will it go against me if I put no change in discriptor box I have to manage my condition with help of carers iv no new evidence as its an ongoing illness
Thankyou

Comments

• dillan5560
    Options
    Hi I'm due for pip review in Sept 2019 even thou award doesn't end till Sept 2020
    I get enhanced on both elements
    My question is nothing has changed my conditions are for life no new evidence just medication and daily tasks helped by carers do I put no change in tick boxes will DWP hold it against me this condition will never get better its all about managing daily life now
    Thankyou
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

It is usual for reviews to take place a year before the end date, some people are reporting that this is being reduced to 6 months but nothing official as yet.
    Any review is best treated as a new claim, giving examples of what happens when you attempt each relevant descriptor.
    It is well be worth sending any relevant evidence even if already previously sumitted. Testamonials from carers may also help
    There is nothing to stop you pointing out that yours is a lfe long condition that will not improve and a 10 year award would be appropriate

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    answered on your other thread
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • dillan5560
    Options
    Thankyou for your response I'm doing daily diary I know it's Sept but trying to be organized it's a mind field to know which to tick 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,058 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

As CR has advised, some people are reporting that reviews are now taking place 6 months before your award is due to end, so it may not be September. I've not seen any confirmation of this, despite looking several times.

Definitely do not just put no change and leave it at that, all claims should be classed as a new claim by all claimants.

I recently filled out a review form for my daughter i added 2-3 examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity for each descriptor that applied to her. Make sure you add your name and NI number to each sheet of paper you use. I also sent in new evidence to support her claim, which wasn't used. She did have a paper based assessment this time purely based on the form i filled out and a phone call to someone on the contacts list to verify a few things i said. They also used the previous assessment report to compare.  I'm not saying you'll have a paper based assessment because this is rare, so you should expect a face to face assessment because most have them.

One thing i did notice with the review forms is that they had changed since the previous one i filled out which was approximately just over 2 years ago.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dillan5560
    Options
    Thankyou, so which box would you tick I will indeed give examples but it's the boxes that throw me just to say I'm so grateful to the site and all feedback
  • poppy123456
    edited May 2019
    Options
    There's no boxes to tick anymore because the forms have changed. This link will show you what the new forms look like.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dillan5560
    Options
    Aww that form is a little better to navigate around thankyou so much 
  • gruber
    gruber Posts: 29 Listener
    Options
    Brilliant. I have a post on here about working and PIP. Looking at the review form it does not ask anything about working. Should I volunteer that information even thought they haven't asked the question? Would be good if I didn't have to.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    gruber said:
    Brilliant. I have a post on here about working and PIP. Looking at the review form it does not ask anything about working. Should I volunteer that information even thought they haven't asked the question? Would be good if I didn't have to.
    It's highly likely they will ask you that during your assessment.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.