Will l need to still attand a tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will l need to still attand a tribunal

jw0957
jw0957 Community member Posts: 48 Connected
Hi all,
l have been talking to my daughter who is concerned that l may not win back any arrears from UC after loosing my ESA last Sept due to a decision to find me “fit for work” 
l have had an email from my Welfare right worker to say it’s good news and he has requested a copy of the report for the tribunal courts to advise them that a UC ASSESSMENT has found me unfit for work and work related activities. 
While l am happy and relieved at the decision lm concerned that my outstanding bills (Since loosing ESA & Disability Premium) still won’t be paid because l won’t receive arrears due to me. Will l still have to go to the tribunal now that UC has made the decision “Unfit for work and work related activities” this is something lm Most worried about. ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Unless the Tribunal say otherwise then yes you'll need to attend that hearing because that's for the ESA decision and appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. Remember the Tribunal will only take into consideration what you were like at the time the decision was made on that ESA. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jw0957
    thanks Poppy,
     my strews isn’t over then!! My daughter and l were just saying how good it was the UC had seen for themselves my illnesses and. Disablilty. I try not to worry but it plays in my mind. Just make my depression worse thinking l have to do everything over and over, it souls destroying and makes me feel unworthy ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. No, i'm afraid not but hopefully you won't be waiting much longer. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jw0957
    Thanks Poppy ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.