Mandortary reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandortary reconsideration

janejr
janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
Hi does anyone know if when you win your mandatory reconsideration whether the DWP pay back any money they had originally taken off you. I'm back on ESA and in the same support group as I was before they decided to give me a near breakdown with their bull****. Anyone else going through this please stay strong get professional help as sorry to say the DWP will pull you down with their lies. I had the CAB help me and they were wonderful.

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Yes yes you get all money back I’m having tribunal hope it goes in my favour 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    janejr said:
    Hi does anyone know if when you win your mandatory reconsideration whether the DWP pay back any money they had originally taken off you. I'm back on ESA and in the same support group as I was before they decided to give me a near breakdown with their bull****. Anyone else going through this please stay strong get professional help as sorry to say the DWP will pull you down with their lies. I had the CAB help me and they were wonderful.
    Great news. Yes, it's backdated to the original decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    if only they was as quick as given back once proven wrong as they are as quick as getting the P45's out, as my letter this year with a 0 score and kicked off letter was received on the 15th of April with a failed assessment only on the 19th of March this year, but on the 16th of April i also got another letter from the DWP with my P45 enclosed, and as of today i've still not heard anything about my MR letter sent a few days after the kicked off and failed letter arrived, i've managed to get though to one phone call as of yet, after so many hours off waiting, who had not heard anything so left in limbo still, so it's sit and wait time, and try and keep phoning, lines which hardly anyone ever picks up, and they say there's no problems, well they should try and contact themselves and see it from the other side, as they don't have the ability to answer emails, can't deal with attachments either, and letters seem to go missing when you send them, but always arrive when they send, funny that

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.