Tribunal bank statements — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal bank statements

Options
Singing
Singing Community member Posts: 135 Courageous
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I am wondering if I take it to court for tribunal for my PIP will they want to look at my bank statements or can they look at my bank statements and make judgments on me ? thank you

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Singing, the tribunal is based on medical evidence which would not include bank statements- have you applied for a trbunal regarding the PIP decision?
    Scope

• madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Options
    You can have loads in the bank they don't ask, its not means tested, if your disabled and need help you should get something, its different with ESA as they can/do move you from contribution based to income based after a time in some cases, hence they then ask for bank details, for PIP your fine
  • Singing
    Options
  • Singing
    Options
    I’m still waiting for the MC. Decision. Its been 3 months now since it stopped , they are trying to make me live on 25£ pcm after rent and bills - not including food or toiletries it’s totally out of order 
  • Singing
    Options
    Oh and my rent goes up by £15 this month ..: 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @Singing I'm really sorry to hear that, it cannot be easy! Are you entitled to any other benefits?
    Scope

• Singing
    Options
    Yes I get esa but because I’m single and under 35 they cut that right down and my housing benefit majorly reduced as well because I’m without pip - so I’m left with £25
  • Singing
    Options
    It’s like I’m being blamed for being single, what if I don’t want to be with anyone? Because I’ve had terrible experiences living with men
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Singing said:
    It’s like I’m being blamed for being single, what if I don’t want to be with anyone? Because I’ve had terrible experiences living with men
    The government came to the conclusion that single people (male or female) under 35 are expected to live in the most basic of establishments (rent a room etc) if they want to claim Housing Benefit that covers the rent. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can ask your local council for a discretionary housing payment (DHP) to cover the extra cost of your rent. You may not be successful and if you are then it's on temporary. Ring your local council to ask them to send you a form.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    That depends on the amount of money that the council has available and how they categorise who would be a priority.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Which was why i said "you may not be successful"
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Thank you for clarifying that @Singing, @poppy123456's advice might be a good thing to look into. If you'd like more specific information around finances and extra costs we have a board here that may be helpful to you. Please do keep us updated :)
    Scope

• Singing
    Options
    Yes I have the temporary DHP. Twonker - I don’t read your posts so don’t bother thanks 

yesso without the DHP I would be totally screwed
  • Singing
    Options
    No family and can’t live with others - exacerbates my challenges 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.