I have recently had my PIP stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have recently had my PIP stopped

Options
cnduo2
cnduo2 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there
I have recently had my PIP stopped, I have for about 10 years suffered the after effects of a stroke, whilst I admit things have got easier other symptoms have started to affect my daily living.....arthritis and Fibromyalgia being the main two problems. I have admitted I don’t need the care element of the claim as much now but the mobility side I need more than ever. Because I can plan a route and stand for 15 minutes I have been turned down, what they fail to realise is I require a leg brace avoid drop foot, I’m in constant pain with my left leg, ankle and foot and walking is extremely painful, walking for a prolong period (15 minutes or more) causes me to be chair bound for most of the day, manual work affects my muscles and mobility, I can plan and use a regular route but anything out my comfort zone causes panic and anxiety. What can I do? Should I challenge the decision or shut up and out up?

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cnduo2

Good Morning & Welcome.

I am very very sorry to hear about your “pip”

Yes you should challenge this.

You have only got 4wks to do it.

Here is some info for you below.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with?????

@steve51  

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cnduo2 and welcome

PIP is awarded on how your functionality and mobility is affected, If you fit the criteria and descriptors for an award then the first stage is to request an MR in writing and within 28 days of the date on your decision letter, giving 2-3 examples of what happens when you attempt each activity

Have you asked for / received a copy of the assessment report ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cnduo2 and a warm welcome to the community! I'm sorry your PIP has stopped, I imagine this is an extremely stressful time. If you use the PIP self- test it may give you an indication about whether you would gain anything from an appeal. Please note this is not to say an assessor would give you the same points. Also to say you can carry out an activity it to say you can do it safety and consistently- this may help clarify things. I'd advise requesting a copy of your report as this will allow you to see what the assessor has written, to see if it was an accurate representation of your current situation. If you would like to appeal your decision then information about this on the Scope website can be found here.

I wish you the very best of luck and please do be in touch if you need anything else :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.