PIP assessment report.. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment report..

kirstlou2019
kirstlou2019 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was just wondering if someone shed some light on my assessment report as I don’t really understand it there seems to be a lot off contradictions on the report. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kirstlou2019 and welcome

Is this for PIP or ESA ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kirstlou2019

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today ????

I’m one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes I would be very very happy in helping you with your “pip assessment report.

Please please let me let me know how you feel ????

@steve51

• kirstlou2019
    How do they come up with a decision do they read the whole report or do they just read the boxes that have ticks at the end because there’s a lot off points not been given on my report and boxes she hasn’t ticked but then wrote that I can’t do them things so for example she’s ticked that I’m good with making money decisions but then wrote that I don’t deal with the money and I don’t make decisions.? 
  • char38
    char38 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    I was wondering about that aswell. Do u get points or not
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    They usually go with the what's recommended in the report from the boxes with dots/ticks. It's rare for them to go against it.

Use the PIP descriptors to compare what's been recommended and then add the points up. You'll still have to wait for the decision. Once this is made, if you're not happy then you have 1 month from that date to request the mandatory reconsideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • char38
    char38 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Yes ive added the points up. But the ones she ticked that i can do something but underneth wrote i needed help. So didnt get that. 
  • poppy123456
    Contradictions can and do happen. It's the MR if you disagree once the decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kirstlou2019
    There’s a lot off errors in the report itself. And the boxes she’s ticked don’t add up with the answers that’s she’s put in the boxes where she writes the answers. So if they go off the boxes with the ticks/dots I hardly have any points but if they read the in the big boxes where she’s wrote then I’ll get points for that. I just don’t understand how the boxes with the ticks/dots and the big boxes answers don’t add up. 
  • poppy123456
    There’s a lot off errors in the report itself. And the boxes she’s ticked don’t add up with the answers that’s she’s put in the boxes where she writes the answers. So if they go off the boxes with the ticks/dots I hardly have any points but if they read the in the big boxes where she’s wrote then I’ll get points for that. I just don’t understand how the boxes with the ticks/dots and the big boxes answers don’t add up. 
    They are supposed to look at both but mostly they will go with the dots/ticks. It maybe worth ringing ESA to ask for a call back from a case manager to point those contradictions out to them. It may not help, but it's work a try. Good luck.
  • poppy123456
    I mean ring PIP not ESA..sorry.
  • kirstlou2019
    Thank you very much for you advice.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.