Modofied Crutches — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Modofied Crutches

Options
Matildacat
Matildacat Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Hello, looking for advice please. I have just had a knee replacement. At the assessment day I clearly stated that I had CP and mobility problem so I was hoping that physio would have helped me with some modified crutches. This hasn't happened and I am struggling to use the unmodified crutches. I have basically been told to use the zimmer frame (which i can use) and go up and downstairs on my bottom when I get home. I find this response disappointing as they knew I would have issues with the crutches but don't appear to want to do anything about it  Anyone have any thoughts about midified crutches. Many thanks

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi @Matildacat welcome to the community :) I am sorry to hear this, how are you doing today? I think you or your GP should have a word with them again, that the unmodified crutches are not helpful. 

Please keep us updated.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Matildacat! Have you managed to find a solution? What kind of modifications would you need? Is this support to hold the crutch or the lack of balance with the base of the crutch being small?
    In the past I have trialled tripod sticks which were beneficial due to my lack of balance on normal crutches. An example of these can be found here. Again, I would advise going back to your GP regarding this :) 
    Scope

Brightness