Inclusive weight loss classes/groups for wheelchair users? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Inclusive weight loss classes/groups for wheelchair users?

Garza
Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
I was wondering if anyone went to weight loss classes or groups which were inclusive for disabled people, I am trying to diet but find it frustrating that there seems to be a lack of publicly accessible wheel on scales, I was wondering if people felt there was a need for this? 

Also if inclusive groups similar to slimming world with these kind of scales were available would they attend? 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Garza how are you doing today? 

There's a search engine you can use on the Inclusive Alliance website, that may find a local accessible gym near you. Hopefully some of our members can share their experiences with you. Please keep us updated.
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    just seeing if this gets any more interest, I have had to put my weight oss on hold because I have been either in hospital or home on bed rest since may

I was wondering if other members would be interested in taking part in a biggest loser style event if one could be organised

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Garza, thank you for sharing this with us :) I hope you'll be able organise this! 
    Scope

Brightness