What questions are asked at a Esa work assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What questions are asked at a Esa work assessment

mikkibell
mikkibell Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi my daughter is 21 and has autism. She is receiving high rate Pip and esa in the support group. She recently got a part time job in a cafe just cleaning tables and taking out orders. She has a esa medical assessment soon even though she has been receiving it for 2 years. Is this because she has a job now and also will she be penalised for working. We got the permitted work form signed by her support worker. She only does 15 hours so is under the threshold.

Any advice would be great and what questions will they ask her. She also has selective mutism so I usually have to speak for her.
It was always the mental capabilities she has problems with so nothing has changed 

Thanks

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    My nephew has autism on pip esa he got job for 15hrs he lost it all you may be did circumstances 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

For ESA they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months. It's perfectly normal for her to be re-assessed. However, if the work she does contradicts the reasons for her ESA claim then it could go against her.

You need to make sure you send evidence to support her claim because they rarely contact anyone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mikkibell
    mikkibell Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Dotty123 said:
    My nephew has autism on pip esa he got job for 15hrs he lost it all you may be did circumstances 
    Can I ask why he lost it? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Dotty123 said:
    Do you mean they found him fit for work for ESA after doing permitted work? If so did the work he do contradict the reasons for his ESA claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    He got his stopped as he worked 15 hrs so they gave him esa pip assessment he lost it not sure reason they gave 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.