Work assessment appeal won — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work assessment appeal won

Nowheretorun
Nowheretorun Community member Posts: 14 Listener
It has taken a year to get my work work capability assessment over turned by the tribunal after my Esa was stopped last year 
what happens now ?

My mandatory reconsideration was not on the system for at least 6 months either that I only found out about by chance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,932 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news. Which group were you placed into and when did you start your claim? It can take 8 weeks to pay any backdated money owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nowheretorun
    I was orrigionaly on Esa and had to go for a new assessment in April last year 

linited capability for work related activity 
  • poppy123456
    Did you claim UC after being found fit for work for ESA?

If so did you have another work capability assessment when you claimed UC?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Nowheretorun
    Yes I claimed UC in June last year as my Esa payments stopped 

yes I did have another assessment and that found me fit for work too

again a mandotary reconsideration went in 

I got a decision for both mandatory decisions together on the same day and that’s when I applied for tribunal on the first assessment that stoped my Esa 
  • poppy123456
    As you were found fit for work on the UC work capability assessment then you will only receive backdated money up until that decision was made. As the Tribunal was for the ESA decision then you won't be able to go back onto ESA.

You have been found fit for work for UC so now you have to request a Tribunal for that decision. If you haven't done that then you need to because the 2nd decision overrules the ESA Tribunal decision and you won't be placed into that group for UC. I'd advise you to send the Tribunal decision letter from this Tribunal for your UC one. Hope this makes sense. 
  • Nowheretorun
    What a mess I didn’t apply for tribunal for the uc decision 
    I’m now out of time so I hope they will accept it.

I have also been asked twice lately if I am claiming PIP by the judge who seemed suppressed I wasn’t and at Richmond fellowship 

is it worth applying for 
  • Nowheretorun
    What a mess I didn’t apply for tribunal for the uc decision 
    I’m now out of time so I hope they will accept it.

I have also been asked twice lately if I am claiming PIP by the judge who seemed suppressed I wasn’t and at Richmond fellowship 

is it worth applying for 
  • poppy123456
    With good reason you have 13 months to request the Tribunal. My advice is to get some face to face advice from an agency near you.

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. No one on an internet forum can tell you whether you would qualify. This link will help you have more knowledge of what PIP is all about and what the descriptors mean.

• Nowheretorun
    Ok thank you 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations on winning your claim @Nowheretorun. If you do decide to claim PIP then I hope it goes well for you. Like Poppy has said, getting face to face advice is always the best if you can. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help :)
    Scope

• Nowheretorun
    Thank you I will do 

Battling my Demonds for getting ready and out of the door 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.