Urgent help with MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Urgent help with MR

Options
Ellesiem
Ellesiem Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am helping a friend with a mandatory reconsideration (MR).  It is due in by Thusday next week.  I came across some advice that said you can ask the DWP not to take any further action, and request the medical assessment report.  My concern is that if we do not respond with reasons why we disagree with the decision not to award mobility, the window of opportunity will be missed.  I hope this is clear, I know it sounds a bit garbled.  Does anyone know which is the best way forward, given that there is only a week left, and it could take 10 days for them to send out a report?
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ellesiem and welcome

You need to ask for a copy of the report asap although it will probably arrive to late.. You should write to request an MR giving Giving 2-3 examples of what happens when each descriptor is attempted. Make sure that you keep a copy You can also ask that they wait for further evidence that you will be submitting. It would also be prudent to ring a day or two before the deadline To make sure they have received your letter and if not then you can request the MR on the phone
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ellesiem and a warm welcome to the community! I hope you get the advice that you are after and please do let me know if there is anything else I could do to help :)
    Scope

• Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    If the mandatory reconsideration is done before evidence is received, once the evidence is received another DM will review that evidence to see if it would have made a difference to the decision.
  • Ellesiem
    Options
    Hi CockneyRebel, thank you for your advice, will get onto them asap.  We will send it tracked and signed for, taking no chances.
    I will post how we get on.
    Thanks again for the advice and welcome. :)
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There is little point sending tracked and signed for as it will be received and signed for by a mail handling facility or even the post office. It can then take up to 10 days to be uploaded to the system. That is why I recommend telephoning before the dead line
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,022 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Indeed it's pointless and a waste of money sending anything to DWP recorded delivery. It takes the same amount of time to arrive by just getting proof of postage, which is free.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ellesiem
    Options
    Thanks for your input, Next day delivery and signed for is proof of them receiving,  ot simply proof that you posted it, as they don't care about that, if lost it is royal mails fault not theirs, whereas if they have signed for it and lost it, it is their responsibility. I'm going to stick to that. But many thanks for the advice ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.