PIP backpay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP backpay

Options
laurenxs
laurenxs Community member Posts: 30 Listener
Hi,

I applied for pip in December and was given an assesment in February which i couldnt attend due to my illness so i requested a home assesment. After this i received a letter from the DWP saying my claim for pip was denied as I didn't attend an assesment in January (there was no assesment in January so i think they got it mixed up). I called and explained and eventually the DWP sent a ltter to say i had good reason not to attend the assesment and was referred back to Capita who made another appointment for me. I had my assesment today but i was wondering if I am awarded will i be back dated to December when i called or is this going to be classed as a new claim? It took 4 months to get a new assesment so would be missing out on quite a lot of money if that is the case

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It will be backdated to the date you first claimed.

If you live in the UK ring DWP at the end of next week to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • laurenxs
    laurenxs Community member Posts: 30 Listener
    Options
    I'll do that. Thanks :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.