Esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa

Options
weetracyc
weetracyc Community member Posts: 21 Connected
hi had a f2f assesment for esa just had a phone call from the place that gave me the assesment says it looks like I’m in the support group but need to wait til the award comes through will the decision maker agree with the assessor I’m already on support group? Lady says should be a back payment but I don’t think so as I’m already on support group before assesment 

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Options
    glad you got sorted, but tbh the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and is quite common for them to make mistakes like this, i'm male but on my WCA was a she for some parts of it, so minor basic mistakes do happen, take the phone call as just good news and then wait for it to arrive in paper from and hope that it's then done correctly
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,021 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Are you sure it was from the health assessment providers? Once you've had the assessment and your file is returned to DWP it's nothing to do with the HCP. They are also not allowed to do this because the report is just a recommendation. Seems very strange to me and if it was me i'd ring DWP tomorrow and ask if a decision's been made. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • weetracyc
    Options
    Hi yes that’s what she says on the phone and asked me if I wanted my report sent out I said yes I still do,an that I need to wait on the reward letter coming it was a private number asked my dob address and was able to tell me that I had a home visit thanks for replying x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sounds like it was the DWP because the health assessment providers don't send the report out, DWP do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • weetracyc
    Options
    Thank you will that be what the dm will stick with the recommended support group? Thanks x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. Mostly they do yes, it's rare for them to go against it.
  • weetracyc
    Options
    Thank you again you’ve put my mind at rest thank you x
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @weetracyc, it's probably a bit quick but has your report come through yet? :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • weetracyc
    Options
    Hi not yet I’m hoping it shouldn’t be too far away tho ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.