Capita lies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita lies

maxi14
maxi14 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Anyone is getting any counterfeit reports from Capita’s assessors?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    No they are not counterfiet but an option of your abilities to do the PIP descriptors as per the regulations gained from the information and evidence you submitted with your application and abilities shown demonstrated at your assessment. Yes some points are assumptions of your abilities conditions ect but it's up to you I the claiments to provide the information and evidence to ensure we are awarded the correct benefits for our health condition to many apply expecting a full or part award when then don't meet all or any of the descriptors conditions. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    What do you mean by counterfeit reports? The DWP check them. They aren't always honest though. 
  • maxi14
    Full of lies 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Yeah, like my last report unfortunately.
  • Dumpling
    Dumpling Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    I had a few things in my report that wasn't right.
  • maxi14
    edited May 2019
    @Dumpling You very lucky try to go on google and search “Capita lies in the report” you will realise that is a very common issue....
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    We very rarely hear the good stories. When someone has an award they are happy with they have no questions to ask, so we don't hear their story.

I've had 2 PIP assessments and so has my daughter and we've never had a bad report. I've also had 3 ESA assessments and have never had a bad report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • maxi14
    @poppy123456 as I mentioned above it seems I came across with the lucky ones unfortunately lost of the claimants had similar problem like mine but also here in scope you can find so many very upset with CAPITA https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/52857/capita-lied-about-my-pip-what-a-mess-and-horrible-company-they-are-fabricated-everything-and-lied
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    According to our resident ex assessor they record everything on the report. However they do accept that there are other assessors that don't know what the word 'truth' actually means.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @maxi14 - I'm sorry that you've had a poor assessment. Mine wasn't done well either and it's annoying, and frustrating that you have to struggle to get things put right.

I really do think it's worth remembering though that, as @poppy123456 mentioned, the majority of people have a positive outcome and they don't tend to post on here - in the same way that people don't post about their train being on time, or how reliable there broadband is.

I hope things go well for you...
  • maxi14
    @cristobal I agree completely with you, my point was to highlight that it is quite common that CAPITA acts in this way as if you search on google you will find hundreds of claimants in the same situation, despite having complained to CAPITA that is ignoring it completely, also they are refusing access to my personal details in complete breach of the law....
  • cristobal
    @max14 - I agree with you about complaints, so we both agree!

My complaint was a catalogue of lost letters, brushing over the issues, letters that said nothing other than a 'cut and paste' of their procedures etc etc...

This was the most disappointing thing for me. I can live with the fact that the interview was poor - in part due to the fact that the assessor was new/ not very good - but to be met with a total reluctance to put things right was very bad...
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Approx 52% of all PIP claims are awarded without any difficulty. This leaves the other 48% who don't. So you could argue that for every 50 negative decisions posted on here  there are another 54 decisions that awarded PIP.

• cristobal
    @twonker - is that really correct?

I've no idea what the numbers are but surely that will mean tens of thousands, or more, going to MR and tribunal. Mind you that might explain the delay.....
  • naii1234
    naii1234 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    edited May 2019
    Capita gave me 0 points, at my tribunal they gave me 26 there had been alot of issues with them
  • stonker01
    stonker01 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    My partner was on DLA for 10 years moved to pip in 2016 scored 9 points for daily living and 4 for mobility 
    This year scored 0 the report is riddled with make believe it's eye popping 
    Requested her 2016 report too as until this year never knew we could obtain copies of them.
    I have to say there are bizarre fibs in that too even though she was awarded standard living.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.