Pip truibnal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip truibnal

Dumpling
Dumpling Community member Posts: 24 Connected
I have a pip tribunal on the 7th June. One of the questions I am very confused about is planning a journey. I have many problems from side effects from having cancer and the chemo treatments and stem cell transplant has left me with numerous life time side effects. I have letters to back this all up from 2 consultants that I am under.

My question is I scored zero points for planning a journey. I did say that I can mentally plan a journey but I cannot get there physical on my own. I would not be able to go out on my own as it will make my anxiety go crazy (diagnosed with and prescribed medication). I have dizziness spells/blackouts out of the blue, I also have balance issues due to nerve damage in my feet so I can fall. 
I do have physical problems but I know this is not under this category.

Is my condition under the planning a journey?

Comments

• mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    Dumpling said:
    I have a pip tribunal on the 7th June. One of the questions I am very confused about is planning a journey. I have many problems from side effects from having cancer and the chemo treatments and stem cell transplant has left me with numerous life time side effects. I have letters to back this all up from 2 consultants that I am under.

My question is I scored zero points for planning a journey. I did say that I can mentally plan a journey but I cannot get there physical on my own. I would not be able to go out on my own as it will make my anxiety go crazy (diagnosed with and prescribed medication). I have dizziness spells/blackouts out of the blue, I also have balance issues due to nerve damage in my feet so I can fall. 
    I do have physical problems but I know this is not under this category.

Is my condition under the planning a journey?
    Anything’s worth a try . Don’t give up 
  • stonker01
    stonker01 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    Hi what section would someone come in who suffers severe long term anxiety and cannot leave the house without someone with them due to becoming very distressed and would have a panick attack. Also wouldn't ever travel to unfamiliar places or use public transport 
  • Dumpling
    When i wrote this post I confused myself. When i had the face 2 face assessment, I was asked if I can plan and follow a journey unaided. I stated that I could tell you how to get to A to B but can't physically get there myself. 
    Not at any time was I asked about aniexty problems etc.

So I have always been confused about this question.
    I have been scored zero points on it on the face 2 face and the mandatory.

I am now going to tribunal on the 7th June and I would like to state to the panel that yes I can tell you how to get to A to B but not physically myself. But if I was out by myself I would suffer with anxiety quite bad as due to I have dizziness/ blackouts and they can happen at anytime. I am very anxious that I could be knocked over etc plus i have balance problems which I can fall. I get anxious when I go out with my husband because of the risks but I do know that I am safe with him. I cannot go out on public transport.

So where would this put me with planning a journey? And that I never mention this on my face 2 face assessment and mandatory.

I'm am diagnosed and prescribed medicine for anxiety by my consultant, and this is in my evidence that the tribunal have.

Thank you.
  • Dumpling
    Plus that's why I don't really like to go out as I am aware what will or can happen. 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @dumpling

Can I suggest that at the tribunal you are clear in your what happens when you do go out as you have said that you "don't really like to go out" and that you "suffer anxiety quite bad" 

@ilovecats has a lot more knowledge in this area but I wonder whether the tribunal would consider these statements as evidence of "overwhelming psychological distress"

Good luck ...I hope things turn out well
  • Dumpling
    Thank you for the reply.

Maybe then I don't qualify for this part. 
    I am on lorazepam but do not have any other interventions. 
    The symptoms is hard as I suffer with dizziness/blackouts anyway. I do suffer with nausea, sleep problems which I'm prescribed medicine for, headaches, get hot and cold, and funny feelings in the stomach, breathlessness.

I have many conditions from having stage 4 cancer and now its confirmed that the side effects are for life and they affect my daily life. 

I cannot leave the house alone because of my physical restrictions as, I use a walking aid and a wheelchair. Also the blackouts and balance problems as I have nerve damage in my feet and have chronic upper and lower back pain.

I don't like going out as I am in a wheelchair and being an active person to now having a disability and people looking at me really doesn't help. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    @Dumpling Seems to me that following and planning a journey is not the activity you should be looking at.

The moving around one is more suited to you because you have a physical condition. Whether you would score any points here will depend on how far you're able to walk regularly and reliably, without pain and discomfort.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.