Fed up of being set up to fail — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fed up of being set up to fail

rainbowtears
rainbowtears Community member Posts: 12 Listener
I'm so fed up right now and feel like just giving up trying to get benefits,waiting on my med files to send for my mandatory reconsideration after getting my award letter which was so wrong I have oasteoartheritis neck and lower spine,anxiety,depression been treated 21 years but after an incident at work causing a panic attack have not gone back for 8 months now,my employers have been nice at meetings but have stitched me up all the way through to the point I resigned on I'll health,seen the wrong gp for a year who downplayed my symptoms and refused every thing I asked for,now gone to another gp in same practice,and after suffering since a child with widespread pain have also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia as well currently weaning off sertraline to start duloxetine,my arthritis,pain,stiffness,mental health is now so bad and my joints are tight and stiff causing probs walking,twisting,bending and have so many more areas I'm in pain with which I'm sure has all rapidly got worse through the stress of all this,I'm so fed up of trying to prove myself,forms,sarcastic comments I hardly go out now only go few big quite shops with big carpark,or a quick shop for milk bread everything else is done online,got to try ring dwp again Monday cause of updates and changes but can never get through for about 15 mins to 30mins,how much proof do these people need it's a joke and sick of it to be honest,it is really like being on trial and trying to catch you out,I got lower rate daily living only with 8 points but should have been 12 points I think but all mental health issues been completely ignored or no points,I desperately need the blue badge as have to open car door wide to get out in as cant twist it's a nightmare,anyway thanks for reply about a month ago I did see them,but so tired i cant be bothered to reply,tired nowx

Comments

• Imogen_Steele
    Imogen_Steele Community member Posts: 42 Courageous

I’m sorry you’re having such a hard time at the moment. I know it is demoralising when you feel that you have to prove your pain and anxiety, two things which are quite invisible but don’t give up. Take care of yourself. Give yourself permission not to stress every moment of the day.

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering

I’m sorry you’re having such a hard time at the moment. I know it is demoralising when you feel that you have to prove your pain and anxiety, two things which are quite invisible but don’t give up. Take care of yourself. Give yourself permission not to stress every moment of the day.

You can't actually prove pain. An assessor starts from one end that you don't have any pain whilst the claimant says they do. There are no tests to prove that pain exists. It's all down to the fact as to whether the assessor can be persuaded by the claimant that the pain claimed actually exists. How you do this I have n idea.

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You can apply to your local council for a Blue Badge, each have their own criteria and assessment process. You do not need to have a PIP award
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • twonker
    edited June 2019
    You can apply to your local council for a Blue Badge, each have their own criteria and assessment process. You do not need to have a PIP award
    The criteria is now standardised. Ask your Local Authority or download a claim form off the net.
    Most likely that you will be assessed by an OT to assess if what you claim is the truth in the distance that you can mobilise. It is generally held in a car park, level ground or such like with traffic cones put down at pre-determined distances.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I humbley bow to your greater knowledge and thank you deeply for the correction
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • twonker
    I humbley bow to your greater knowledge and thank you deeply for the correction

No problem and it's nice to hear. 
  • rainbowtears
    Hi all cant believe it this morn I've had my reconsideration letter which has not changed at all,and they've sent this back without waiting for my medical records and extra info on conditions,which I was going to give all together,I did ring to say I'm waiting on them and just assumed their waiting on my letters,so was pretty upset getting this letter I have rung and lady said I have to opens one start over again with claim,which I've said no to cause I cant do the face to face again then lie anyway,not waiting my time,or can appeal which I'm doing,I've been told I can send medical records to them if they come back before appeal and photo copy medical records for appeal,is this info right please,hubby about to text a good friend of ours who is a paramedic of 35 years who knows me well as he help with mandatory reconsideration by explaining errors without giving his name,but this time if it fails he will put his name,number and health authority, just want it all to end now so stressful not helping my  depression anxiety stress at allx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Only 18% of MR decisions change so it was always most likely you would end up taking it to Tribunal. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour.

Face to face advice is needed and if you can get representation then your chances are even better. This link will help you know what's in your area. CAB no longer represent at Tribunal, just so you know. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    ilovecats said:

Unless your friend has undergone the PIP training and has a good understanding of the descriptors, he may not be best person to get to write that letter. He would be good as a witness to your medical conditions and how they may affect you but with regards to MR & tribunals it would be better to get proper advice from somewhere like CAB. 
    If the PIP training is comparable to the training that has been given to those in the DWP that deal with UC then we are all in a sorry state.
    In fact the only ones that actually understand the descriptors are the legal profession seeing that they have to hear and determine the correct legal position of a PIP claim At best I would describe assessors as semi skilled.   
  • drewdundee
    drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Hi @rainbowtears It's been a few days since you last posted, how are you getting on ? 
  • rainbowtears
    Sorry for late reply I finally got my mandatory reconsideration 2 days after I rang them as had heard nothing for 11 weeks,the letter was unsigned and and no change,I dont think they even looked through the medical evedence,I've had enough I've been messed around through the whole process trying to get pip mobility,I'm in constant pain every day as have fibro and oasteoartheritis,mental health,and they expect me to go into a court room where I will have a full panic attack and be I'll again for weeks,I'm not doing it,the assessments are a waist of time,and I got to do another one next week for new style ema,I really cant cope with any more I'm so tired and my pain from fibro is spreading around so fast and more painfull as my stress is so high,what they are doing is cruel and their trying to make a fall of us I'll people it's wrong x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Reading back on your thread i thought you already had the MR decision back in June? Was this a MR decision again for PIP? Sorry but i'm a little confused.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rainbowtears
    Sorry yes I had a decision back in june but my gp didnt do my medical evedence in time and even though I rung to say I needed an extension they still sent my mandatory back no change,I spoke to mandatory reconsideration manager who wasn't pleased they sent my mandatory reconsideration back with no evedence and gave me another month to get it back.i sent it back and waited 11 weeks finally ringing last week to be told my last person who was dealing with my claim had left and hadn't forwarded my mandatory forms so it was stuck somewhere but they found it on pc and forwarded it to a new assessor with lots of med evedence xray so on,literally 5 days later I received a brown envelope with a short letter unsigned saying they agreed with last asseser so no change and stay on daily living only,I've been claiming for a year and had nothing but drama,lies,delays which has made my conditions so much worse but feel like I'm being led on a wild goose chase and banging my head against a brick wall and I've had enoughx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rainbowtears, I'm really sorry to hear this and I appreciate how frustrating and upsetting this can be! How are you getting on at the moment?
    Scope

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @rainbowtears   Sorry to hear what you are going through.

Please can I ask have you considered looking at a mental health charity.?

Please have a look at this one. I used last time.

https://www.richmondefellowship.org.uk.

Get floating support or an outreach worker. Help. advice and guidance with mental health and anything else. Well being and looking at everything including benefit situations.

Might not be in all areas.

Hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.