Assessment report inaccuracies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment report inaccuracies

Aes525
Aes525 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hello all... I've received a copy of my assessment report for PIP which i am overall pretty happy with as it suggests the about of points i was hoping for albeit not quite as I'd expected them to be awarded if that makes sense. My dilemma is that the assesor has written within my report that i gave up work in 2018 due to ill health.. This is not the case and I'm still working self employed part time as i have been for several years. We discussed the adaptions that had been made in order for me to continue working so I'm not sure where she got this idea from!.. Now I'm worried that the DWP will have the wrong information and if they check they will obviously see that im still working and it will look like ive lied to the assessor. Should i ring and point out that it's wrong?
Thanks for the advice. X

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    ilovecats said:
    Unless your job and you working contravenes the justification for awarding you then I wouldn’t worry about it too much. You can work and claim PIP. 
    Much like an assessor putting in my report that I can and do drive a car. I don't see how given that my licence was handed back to the DVLA years ago and we don't have a car not since 2015.
    If the DVLA or the police were ever to see that report I would be in a load of trouble.  
    Mind you I suppose she put it down so as to justify that I have excellent physical and mental health capabilities.
  • twonker
    Just pointing out that some assessors make up all sorts of comments that are lies. Sometimes probably wanting to turn a blind eye as it seems in the OP's case and in others to find some, any justification why an award should not be made.
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    Reading these comments about assessors making things up about us, I'm beginning to wonder if they're just seeing so many people that they're just getting us mixed up.
    If they complete some of their report up after seeing us I suppose it'll be easy for them to get confused. 
  • twonker
    KG100 said:
    Reading these comments about assessors making things up about us, I'm beginning to wonder if they're just seeing so many people that they're just getting us mixed up.
    If they complete some of their report up after seeing us I suppose it'll be easy for them to get confused. 
    Most of them are confused before they start!
    They see on a normal day 4 claimants. Of an 8 hour day that's 2 hours for each assessment and writing it up.
    Most don't even write it up. They just pick phrases off their software and put it all together as a sentence.
    They want to do some real work under real pressure.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Assessors do make things up.  My assessor wrote that she watched me take my bag off over my head, put it down on the floor and pick it up again later.  At no time did I take my bag off.  I pointed this out in my appeal submission and I'm sure it helped to discredit the assessor.  Assessors can defeat their own ends by telling lies.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Don’t worry about the assessment report. My son’s first ever assessment report contained a lot of inaccurate information. E.g. they wrote that he could walk when I told them he cannot. And they spelled his name wrong too. All of this I pointed out during tribunal. Some of the numbers seemed too far fetched as well. 
  • twonker
    edited June 2019
    ilovecats said:
    twonker said:
    KG100 said:
    Most of them are confused before they start!
    They see on a normal day 4 claimants. Of an 8 hour day that's 2 hours for each assessment and writing it up.
    Most don't even write it up. They just pick phrases off their software and put it all together as a sentence.
    They want to do some real work under real pressure.
    That’s a load of rubbish. The majority of the report is free typed. Only the MSO and MSE can be selected from pre loaded information and if someone is complex then that would also be free typed. It’s actually an incredibly complex and timed pressured job which is why the attrition rate is so poor. You do talk some nonense yadnad.

If that is the case then it's even worse than I thought. Not only is the English poor but so is the grammar. In both my reports none of it flowed, sentences rolled into one with no pronunciation marks.
    Also if it is free typed then it is an intentional act to tell lies about things that never happened.
    You only have to read what Matilda and April have posted above.   
    I will ignore the nonsense bit along with the name???
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    @twonker i don't see any nonsense bit along with any name, as you and everyone else knows your former user name was @Yadnad
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    edited June 2019
    @twonker i don't see any nonsense bit along with any name, as you and everyone else knows your former user name was @Yadnad
    Thanks Poppy, Ilovecats seems to see nonsense but I do agree that if you can't see any and I can't well...…

Let's be honest I know that all of your family's PIP reports were fine, but that doesn't mean to say that everyone else's is. You only have to read the many posts on this site to see that it is endemic with post after post referring to lies and in accuracies in the reports.
    As for the content and how it is written, there can be no excuse for poor English in a document of this nature. It's not hard to put together a decent report that makes sense.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Remember we only ever hear the bad stories....
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    Remember we only ever hear the bad stories....
    In the main you are correct. But that does not mean that there aren't far too many cases involving a poor assessment and bad decision making. Even our resident 'ex assessor' gives advice that is woefully wrong and has to be corrected which in itself says it all.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.