Can someone with fibromyalgia swim 50 lengths in one day and 80 lengths the next 2 subsequent days? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can someone with fibromyalgia swim 50 lengths in one day and 80 lengths the next 2 subsequent days?

Savannah56
Savannah56 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I am new here, got a question for everyone, can someone suffering from fibromyalgia swim 50 lengths in one day and 80 lengths the next 2 subsequent days.,
Asking because someone I know who says she is a sufferer did this to raise money.
I can hardly walk without pain and or stand and the numbness in my fingers is a constant friend now 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Savannah56 and welcome

Fibro manifests in many ways and no two people are affected in the same way. We cannot compare your situation with anyone else. and we cannot know what toll the said exercise had on the person
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Hi @Savannah56 Fibro is different for everyone, we all deal with pain and fatigue differently. I suffer terrible with chronic fatigue as I have other conditions too. I feel too exhausted to swim but after I have been i feel fantastic. I guess your friend finds it helpful too, but if I over do it I feel dreadful the next day. Exercise helps with pain, its important to stay active. 
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior

Brightness