DWP have changed their decision! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP have changed their decision!

Motown
Motown Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Good morning everyone and it is a good morning!
I had a letter from the DWP stating that they had changed their decision and reinstated my higher rate of mobility back dated to February.  They have cancelled the Appeal.  I was in a complete state of shock and could not believe it.
I knew the DWP were wrong in their assessment and I would not have been willing to face a panel unless I felt I had a valid case.
One of my friends said that I am inspiration.  No but my late mum always taught me if you feel there is injustice speak up!
So I say to everyone who feels the DWP have got it wrong, please don’t give up.  It has been a strain mentally and physically for me, but they do get it wrong.
Good luck to all my fellow claimants.
Motown

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Motown

That's great news! I'm so glad you don't have to go to appeal and you've been properly awarded now. Thanks for sharing. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing news @Motown! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited June 2019
    Yes Motown pleased for you.
    Shame really that once again another assessor wasn't able to do a proper job and give a more accurate report despite hearing that assessors are highly qualified in both understanding the descriptors as well as the role of a Disability Analyst. This keeps happening far too often.
    Well at least you have avoided the long wait for a Tribunal which is a good thing.
  • Motown
    Motown Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Thank you all for your kind comments.  I still cannot believe the DWP changed their decision.
    However, as has already been said this keeps happening.
    But, as I have said before if you feel you are in the right, try to stay positive, BUT NEVER GIVE UP!
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    ilovecats said:
    twonker said:
    Yes Motown pleased for you.
    Shame really that once again another assessor wasn't able to do a proper job and give a more accurate report. This keeps happening far too often.
    Well at least you have avoided the long wait for a Tribunal which is a good thing.
    You can't just say well done can you! 
    Nope, not when posters like Motown have been let down like many others by ineffective and poorly trained assessors.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.