Dwp gb fp lp fundi — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp gb fp lp fundi

Dionnelisa1972
Dionnelisa1972 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My eesa payment not due in til weds, been paid day early with this ref.. Dewp gb fp lp fundi, 
Can anyone tell me what this means please. 
Had my esa assessment months ago, and got letter within 2 weeks stating on same benefits.
Had my pip assessment 3 weeks ago, heard nothing except my report had been received.
I'm stressing here 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    Hi,

I'm afraid it's impossible to answer your questions, you'll need to ring DWP and ask when they open at 8. If it's a first time claim for PIP then you could have been awarded and payment has been made into your bank.

If the payment is less than what you usually receive for ESA then it could be that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello hello and welcome, the abbreviations you post mean dwp= Department of works and Pension, gb = Great Britain. As for the other two I have not got any information, since you have had your pip assessment you can phone DWP and request a copy of your assessment   report and on receiving it you can work out  what your award may should be as the decision makers normally go with the assessment report but you still have to wait for the official notification letter. I think the abbreviations I think where included in the letter script by mistake and have nothing to worry about but others with more knowledge may be able to enlighten us.
  • poppy123456
    @wilko the decision could have been made, which i why i advised for them to ring DWP to ask. It's not unusual for backdated money to be received before the award letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dionnelisa1972
    Dionnelisa1972 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Ty, it's not backdated as I've been on pip since October 2017,
    Juat thought it strange that the payment is exactly thr same amount I get for my esa. 
    I'll ring them this morning ty 

• poppy123456
    Please do let us know what they say. Good luck.
  • Marc44uk
    Marc44uk Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hello everyone. Sorry to be a pain but I have just been awarded pip and today I got a payment of my normal rate of ESA but I'm not due to get it until Monday I have had no letters or phone calls about my ESA but I checked my bank today and I had a payment from  Dwp gb fp lp fundi could anyone offer help please. Many thanks Marc
  • poppy123456
    Marc44uk said:
    Hello everyone. Sorry to be a pain but I have just been awarded pip and today I got a payment of my normal rate of ESA but I'm not due to get it until Monday I have had no letters or phone calls about my ESA but I checked my bank today and I had a payment from  Dwp gb fp lp fundi could anyone offer help please. Many thanks Marc

HI and welcome,

Great news on the PIP award. Is the ESA payment your usual payment or for a different amount, if it's for a different amount then it maybe that your PIP award means that you were entitled to more ESA (if you're not claiming New Style ESA) but this will depend on which group you're in for ESA, what you were awarded for PIP and whether or not you live alone.

To know for sure what the payment is for then you'll need to ring DWP/ESA and ask because they will tell you exactly.
  • Marc44uk
    Marc44uk said:

HI and welcome,

Great news on the PIP award. Is the ESA payment your usual payment or for a different amount, if it's for a different amount then it maybe that your PIP award means that you were entitled to more ESA (if you're not claiming New Style ESA) but this will depend on which group you're in for ESA, what you were awarded for PIP and whether or not you live alone.

To know for sure what the payment is for then you'll need to ring DWP/ESA and ask because they will tell you exactly.
    I am or was I'm not sure now in the support group and the JSA/ESA payment is the same as what I normally get. It's really confused me and got me on edge. Thanks for your fast reply Poppy

• poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    As it's the same payment as always the most likely explanation is that your PIP award could have suspended your ESA payment, which can sometimes happen. When this happens they will make a fast payment, which is what the "fp" is related to.

May i ask if any other adults over the age of 18 live with you, or do you live alone? Also does anyone claim carers allowance or the carers element of Universal credit for looking after you?
  • Marc44uk
    As it's the same payment as always the most likely explanation is that your PIP award could have suspended your ESA payment, which can sometimes happen. When this happens they will make a fast payment, which is what the "fp" is related to.

May i ask if any other adults over the age of 18 live with you, or do you live alone? Also does anyone claim carers allowance or the carers element of Universal credit for looking after you?
    I live alone and no one gets carers allowance 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    Marc44uk said:

Thanks for that. One last question, are you receiving the old legacy ESA or New style ESA? if it's the old ESA then it sounds like you maybe entitled to the severe disability premium in with your ESA, if you're not already claiming it. Take a look at this link.

You must also be claiming daily living PIP.

It's an extra £65.85 per week on your ESA providing you're not claiming New style ESA.

• Marc44uk
    edited January 2020
    Marc44uk said:

Thanks for that. One last question, are you receiving the old legacy ESA or New style ESA? if it's the old ESA then it sounds like you maybe entitled to the severe disability premium in with your ESA, if you're not already claiming it. Take a look at this link.

You must also be claiming daily living PIP.

It's an extra £65.85 per week on your ESA providing you're not claiming New style ESA.

I have been on ESA Support group for years and I have been awarded Pip enhanced rate for daily living and a standard rate for mobility my PIP is awarded from the 29th of this month
  • poppy123456
    Sounds like you should qualify for the SDP. Quickest way to claim this is by ringing ESA and ask to claim it over the phone, they are usually very quick making a decision and you'll also be backdated the extra money to the start of your PIP claim, if the other criteria applied at the time. It will increase your ESA from £128 to about £194 per week. Ring them on Monday. Hope this helps.
  • Marc44uk
    Sounds like you should qualify for the SDP. Quickest way to claim this is by ringing ESA and ask to claim it over the phone, they are usually very quick making a decision and you'll also be backdated the extra money to the start of your PIP claim, if the other criteria applied at the time. It will increase your ESA from £128 to about £194 per week. Ring them on Monday. Hope this helps.
    I hope so. Thank you, Poppy, you have been a great help and taken a weight off my mind xxxxx
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.
  • Marc44uk
    I would like to thank you again, Poppy, for your help. I filled in the form and they have awarded me SDP Starting on the 28th of Jan 
  • poppy123456
    Fab news! Thanks for coming back to update and you're welcome. Just so you know because you're now claiming SDP then this will prevent you from claiming UC if you have a change of circumstances in the near future. These rules are in place until January 2021.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.