ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

Options
sheZZa
sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
Serves me right for jumping the gun lol. I’m waiting to hear from DWP re: my award after my assessment which I’m expecting to receive any time. Yesterday I had a letter from ESA saying how much money I would receive every week. I also received a letter stating that I as I was on Standard or Enhanced Disability I might be entitled to carer’s allowance and I was required to complete a form asking if I did receive Carer’s Allowance etc. I’ve filled it out and sent it off today wondering if maybe my PIP award has gone in my favour. Today I have received a form from ESA re: assessment to see if I’m fit for work. I can’t remember ever having to do this before but my memory isn’t good and maybe I have. I am aware that people do go for assessments for ESA. It doesn’t have to be returned until 3rd July so I’m going to leave it a week until I tackle it as usually I panic and send it in straight away and make mistakes. I’m going to take my time with this one. Serves me right for thinking that PIP had gone in my favour lol xx

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you have a social worker or not?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello have you requested a copy of your assessment report? If you are in the the UK you can request a copy of your assessment and on receiving it, you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official confirmation letter. 
  • sheZZa
    Options
    @April2018mom
    N I don’t have a social worker.
  • sheZZa
    Options
    @wilko
     I haven’t requested a copy of my report as I’m burying my head in the sand. I want to wait until the award arrives.  If I have a copy of the report I will only worry and get stressed if  the award doesn’t go in my favour.  I will stress when it arrives. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Having the report earlier than the actual award notification letter will enable you to prepare extra evidence for an MR if the report look to be not in your favour, but it’s up to you.
  • sheZZa
    Options
    @ I understand what you’re saying but the state of my mental health illness at the moment will not allow me to worry and stress any more than I already do. I have not quite stopped worrying stressing about my assessment and can’t take anything more. My gp will always write a report or fill in  a form as evidence of my disabilities and how they affect me. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.