Using Hartlepool as a holiday base for in the North-East — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Using Hartlepool as a holiday base for in the North-East

exdvr
exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering

As a Motability car driver and mobility scooter user any advice on what do see and do within about an hour's drive of Hartlepool would be much appreciated. Want to add to my collection of bridges crossed on the scooter so Middlesbrough transporter bridge is already on the to-do list !!

Looking forward to a nice peaceful week away.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @exdvr   I live in Co. Durham.  Have the following websites to look at.

www.durham.gov.uk.

thisisdurham.com.

Hope that helps.  May I suggest look at trip advisor type in Hartlepool.  On the web  As the area around plenty to do.

Wish you well. Enjoy your holiday.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @exdvr, you may also find Evan's guide and AccessAble useful sites to look at :)
    I hope you enjoy your trip!
    Scope

• exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering

Hi all…..just arrived back after a fantastic week based at the Premier Inn on the quayside with marina views on 3 sides. Must be the best Premier Inn in the country..perfect disabled facilities in room 39.   Maritime museum and HMS Trincomalee 5 minute walk away.  Restaurants of all types abound in the area..we loved the Baan Thai only minutes away near the station.  The history and regeneration in this area has been beautifully moulded to remember the now long gone industrial past.  We spent days in Durham with its hills and cobbles, Whitby because we love the place... Beamish open air museum, Stockton for its market, the list is endless.  Yes I did get over the Transporter Bridge as well.  Also included Gateshead Millennium Bridge on the way home !

We were blessed with great weather all week and honestly would recommend this area to anyone wanting to explore the North East part of England.  Beware the cobbles !!

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @exdvr, thank you for updating us, it sounds like you've had a great time! Cobbles really can be problematic!
    Scope

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @exdvr   Thanks for sharing about your holiday in my part of the country.

Hope you got a warm welcome and every one was pleasant.

Glad your enjoyed it.  There is so much to enjoy and look at. 

I would recommend the Durham Dales.  Lots of things to do and see.

Also may I add go up to the Northumberland coast .  Absolutely amazing .

Part of the country not many people know about.    Lots of market towns, scenic drives especially along the coast.

As a long the coast the fishing villages and towns.  Alnmouth, Holy Island, Lindisfarne, Tynemouth, many more.

Hope that helps you.

Always here if you need to ask anything. Can recommend places you might wish to go to. From my home county and beyond.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Sounds like a fantastic experience @exdvr. Trincomalee is a beautiful ship.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness