Pip application — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip application

Options
bubbles4078
bubbles4078 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone. Ive worked all my life as a carer and unfortunately left my job in dec 2018. I live in N.ireland and applied for pip in january due to mental illness and back injury. ...i had my face to face assessment 7 weeks ago and they sent a text a week later telling me they had everything they needed...its been 6 weeks since i got that text ...i called them on monday and still no decision..they can be quite rude. Do u think it will be much longer ??? Im so stressed waiting on a decision. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @bubbles4078   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry to hear that you have been waiting. For a decision.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Waiting times can vary. I know this is stressful.   Many of our community members have been through similar experiences.

Including myself.

All I can add we are here to be supportive. Please ask if we can help and advise with anything.

Some one will know from our team or a member of our community.

Wishing you well for a positive outcome.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • bubbles4078
    Options
    Hello @bubbles4078   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry to hear that you have been waiting. For a decision.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Waiting times can vary. I know this is stressful.   Many of our community members have been through similar experiences.

Including myself.

All I can add we are here to be supportive. Please ask if we can help and advise with anything.

Some one will know from our team or a member of our community.

Wishing you well for a positive outcome.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Hi 
    Thanks just so stressful the waiting. Knowing other people are going through same experience helps. Ive been reading some of the comments about other pip applicants...at least someone else understands the stress. ?
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hello @bubbles4078   Thanks very much. Please can I add  we are here to be supportive, ready to listen.

What is important is finding some ways to relax take your mind off the situation.

Having been doing the benefit system a long time.  Continuous it is never easy to explain to those who have just started claiming.

If we get anxious and stressed then it becomes a vicious circle effecting your mental state.  Start to feel the worse the negativity.

This then effects sleep and other aspects of life as appetite.

I was told this by my support worker all those years ago.  

So find ways to be calm.  Use meditation, prayers, some quiet music.  Have Radio on.  Classic FM.

Have things around you what do you like to do. To relax.  Crafts, arts anything like that.  TV favourite quizzes. Crosswords puzzles helps.

Have a coping box. Put things in it like favourite poems words and favourite music.

Other stress relievers are fresh air gentle exercise. Finding ways to cope.  You like doing.

Just some suggestions.  I do use. Including gentle exercise . A walk in the garden or do house work.

Hope that helps.  

Always happy to be supportive.

Take care.
    @thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • bubbles4078
    Options
    Hi.
    I called them up just now they said a decision was made but that he couldnt give me any further info as notes had not been put on system yet...said it was just done today. Told me to ring back tomorrow and they would tell me over phone...is this usual 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi.
    I called them up just now they said a decision was made but that he couldnt give me any further info as notes had not been put on system yet...said it was just done today. Told me to ring back tomorrow and they would tell me over phone...is this usual 
    Yes, it takes 24 hours for the computer to update and until it does they can't see the decision. Ring back in 24 hours and they'll tell you what it is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,971 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @bubbles4078, have you managed to get back in touch with them and find out the decision? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.