Agoraphobia and Hospital Appointments - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Agoraphobia and Hospital Appointments

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Oh that's awesome that you're an author! 

I really hope that the psychiatrist will agree to an home visit, please keep us updated and lets hope he can help with the social worker situation. 

I feel the same way, I would also go private if I had the money. 

I wish I could help you.
  • MaxineAshley
    MaxineAshley Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    @WF2k

I will keep everyone updated on here in regards to my appointments as it might help others to know how to have appointments at home too.

That’s so kind that you would like to help me, as I would like to help you too. 

Another reason for for becoming an author is to help others in two ways. 1: a world to escape into as they read and follow the journey of the story. 
    2: starting a charity and donating to other charities too.
    Writing my first novel, excited to get it finished.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Aww you sound lovely :) I wish I could read books but my attention span and concentration are terrible.

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Thanks for updating us @MaxineAshley how are you doing today?

Fingers and toes crossed for you to get a personal garden :) 

I am sorry to hear you had to deal with everything on your own and I hope you will get some support from your social worker, as soon as possible.

Please free to chat us when you can, thank you so much for reaching out to us. I know it is not the easiest thing to do. 

Best wishes :)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @MaxineAshley great to talk to you. Thank you for sharing what you are going through. 

I know every one has contributed hopefully given you a lot of positivity.

I was reading your posts and do know there is a charity called RETHINK.

They deal with members of the  community who having problems or issues accessing the right help and support.

Who have mental health conditions or illness.  Often by being attending as an advocate.

Representing you at meetings or consultations.  Speaking on your behalf.

Explaining to medical professionals what you require and need.

You could ask see what they can offer for you.   

Might be useful to consider.  Have a look on their website.

I know from reading you having a lot of difficulty but is some thing to look at.

I used them myself after many issues and problems with medical professionals and often got walked over. Got no where.

Have mental health issues my self and do know it finding the right support, guidance, advice for you.

Always in prayers.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • MaxineAshley
    @WF2k @Antonia_Scope @thespiceman

Thank you all got your kind guidance and support as I don’t know too much about where to look for help.

I truly appreciate everyone who have commented on this as I was so worried about future hospital, Drs and psychiatrist appointments. 

With your guidance, you all have truly helped me and made me feel more positive about my future.

I don’t mean any disrespect when I say, unless you suffer with mental or physical health issues you don’t know what we are going through, truly no disrespect to anyone. 

It is so so nice to find a community that completely understand the difficulties of we all are struggling with but when others respond it feels safe and secure to talk about things that other (my family, sadly to say) who have no idea what it’s like to live with my brain and body.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your all help and support. 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @MaxineAshley Thanks very much for kind words. What is important we are here to help and support you  and offer friendship.

I know always here.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • MaxineAshley

@thespiceman thank you for letting me know about this Charity.

I will look into them a bit more tomorrow. 

Thank you you for being so full of knowledge, helpful and friendly. 

Kind Regards
    Maxine 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @MaxineAshley Thank you very much  As a  community member and a community champion is being that.

Being useful.  Helpful. I am on here most days. I  will be only too happy to be supportive.

I hope if you need or want to know anything please get in touch.  Please ask. 

If I can help will do if not find the information for you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • MickConnon
    MickConnon Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Hi again @MaxineAshley. Just like @thespiceman said, we are here to help and although we’re not always here, especially me, someone else is. I can easily be poked if something needs my attention, which I do need from time to time. As the newbie advisor, the overall support on this site is phenomenal and I feel really privileged to be part of this. 
    i hope you do feel listened to, that’s only part of what we do. Welcome to the site, you’ve maybe found some positivity out of all of your worries. We all have them and “It’s OK” to hold your hands up and ask for help. My job would be a lot better if a lot more people did that. Am here as I choose to be and aim to help those I come into contact with. ? 
  • craigella123
    craigella123 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Was it really necessary to keep me on 4mg of Respiridone for Mental Illness for over 15 years? Was so drugged up just shut down completely. I feel angry that all those years were wasted.
  • MickConnon
    MickConnon Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Hi @craigella123. Have just picked this post and am surprised you we’re on 4mg of Risperidone a day. Am not surprised you felt drugged and if it were me I’d want to know why and I’m sure the only people who can answer this would be your GP, or consultant psychiatrist (if you had one). The fact that you felt you have lost 15 years of your life is very sad. Someone made the decision for you and this should be documented somewhere. Are you still under MH services? That is do you see a CPN regularly?were you sectioned under the MH Act to admit you to Hospital?  Feel free to ask any further questions and I will do my best to support you ?

Brightness