help with work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

help with work

matthew
matthew Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2018 in Work and employment

hi  im looking for advice im wheelchair bound looking for work part time job center says not allowed to do courses I have always bean out door worker manual  until became wheelchair bound so looking for job advice ideas

thanks

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Zaid_Alumni
    Zaid_Alumni Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Hi @matthew what kind of work did you do previously? What kind of things are you doing to look for work at the moment? It could be worth giving Scope's Support to Work a call to check if there is something we can do to help: 0300 222 5742 or check the info online here: https://my.scope.org.uk/supporttowork/ 

Zaid
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork

• matthew
    Hi sorry for very long delay have bean battling metal heath problems now in good place 
    i use to be a gardener on an estate  I have found a part time job as a garden machinery repair servicing only problem now is esa  I’m in support group  and the job is self employed  and don’t no if can do the job and still get esa 
    its only minimum wage 
    bean doing it for a month now loving it I’m not pressers in how much can do and the owner is really helpful and accommodating to me he wants me to get access to work to help  I just don’t understand the benefit  
    its taken me a long while to get to this place mentally physically I’m now wheelchair dependent and accepting it trying to move on don’t want to lose it all  eny advice be great full thanks 

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations on your new job!  Regarding your mental health issues I am suggesting you ask to see a therapist or counsellor in the area. Think of a wheelchair as a tool for independence not a limiting tool. 
  • matthew
    Thanks  I go to  I A P  from nhs for help 
    for strategy helps a bit  just anxiety problems not resolving 
    hopefully soon will 

Brightness