Notice after pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Notice after pip tribunal

Options
sammyf114
sammyf114 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi folks, I'm reaching out because I have a question about pip tribunal decisions. Basically I had my tribunal just this Monday and after being torn apart, asked a question then they stopped me answering several times and accused of being a liar for almost 90 minutes I got a decision later on that day over the phone. I won even though I didnt get what I was expecring, however....and this is the part I don't get. The letter that came the day later (white envelope) stated that I was awarded standard mobility and that I was only to receive payment from Jan 2018 until Jan 2019. As I stated before, I just had my tribunal just this Monday ( 03/06/2019) plus it didn't say anything about any future payments or how long I would be in receipt. Is this normal?? Should I have been given a back payment for the full 18 months that I had to wait for the tribunal) and should it have said how long i would be in reciept of pip? 

Thank you

Notice after pip tribunal 1 vote

Help
0%
Call them
100%
Waylay 1 vote
Need advice asap
0%
Ask for further details via phoning
0%

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Did you start another claim while waiting for this Tribunal?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sammyf114
    sammyf114 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    No, this is the original claim I started back in Jan 2018. I've waited until this Monday for the tribunal to give me an answer. Hence the 18 month wait. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Contact HMCTS and ask if that's the correct award, maybe it's an error. It's impossible to know why on an internet forum and they would be the only ones that could answer you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.