Anxiety and PiP Decision Help. (URGENT) - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anxiety and PiP Decision Help. (URGENT)

Options
2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,274 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ronnie123 said:

i needed that little kick up the backside.
    i can see we’re not the only one going through this and was probably just feeling sorry for myself. If you guys can battle on with everything you are going through then so can we ?
    Great comment and i admire your strength. If you believe you qualify then fight for what you believe in but please do some research because it can help you so much.

A lot of people think they can score x amount of points but in reality it may only be possible to score half of those points. Start by reading this link, it's very long but i promise you'll have a lot more understanding of the descriptors, what they mean and the criteria by the time you've finished.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @ronnie123 Pleased to meet you.  Please can I add and also stress. There is a lot a negativity around the whole procedure of PIP and other benefits.

As one who has been claiming a long time . Understand the concern, the anxiety. The reassurance the positives is to focus on them.

I had negative assessments have certain problems and issues getting the benefits I need. Yet I survived often on my own having no support.

If I did have support at any assessments was often the answer to some of the problems. Eased a lot. Helped in so many ways.

What is important is to consider and evaluate the information that has been given to you. Make notes keep them use them for reference.

@poppy123456 is a member of our community champions team. The information and advice, guidance she has given should be taken in consideration.

I know if I ever had another assessment which is more than likely be very happy to take her expertise and knowledge to heart.

Must also add find some support.  For the assessment if that means using what is available in your area please have a look on line.

Used last time a mental health charity.  That is some thing I look upon with positivity. 

Used this one https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.  Just a note might not be in your area. I do know they do not cover all areas.

Intervention with support worker in attendance helped me a lot. Often it is finding what can help your wife to deal with her mental health.

Something to consider.

Must share your wife if she needs to ask and get the right support if that is not happening then there are ways to deal with this.

Your wife has a right to good mental health wellbeing and care.

One reason contacted mental health charities.

Sometimes you have to find what is best for your wife.

All I add we as community are here to be supportive.

Wish you well. At the assessment best wishes to your wife hoping everything is positive outcome.

One final point it is always difficult and not easy to say to some one.  This is what has happened to me but you have to keep strong. Keep fighting you find a way.

Most assessors I had have if I can explain .  Be like a job interview this  what I do.

Be honest keep it simple. Do a rehearsal.  Think what you might need to say to the assessor.  Your wife or yourself.  If she wishes to speak on your behalf.

I had a lot of assessments tribunals and reviews constantly. Ongoing still am now getting on middle fifties.

Out of all of those been a very small number of bad assessors.  Whose attitude and demeanour was not good.

I focus on the good ones the positive ones. 

I know myself have to again and again but it is what is it is. You need benefits to live on so have to go through this.

Take care.

@thespiceman .
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • ronnie123
    ronnie123 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi thespiceman. 
    Many thanks for that. It’s a lot of help and I’ve taken it all on board. I’ll have a look at the links you mention.
    its good to know there’s people like you guys out there.
    i don’t feel so alone.
    again, many thanks.
    i’ll let you know how I get on.
    ??

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.