Waiting time. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting time.

sammclean94
sammclean94 Community member Posts: 22 Listener
edited June 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
I attended my cabability for work assesment on the 2nd of April 2019. I've been told by 2 separate people from the center who carried out assessment to someone from universal credit that if I hadn't heard anything after 6 weeks to phone up and ask why. I've phoned up several times to the same result which is trying to be talked into hanging up as there is nothing they can do. I am incredibly stressed waiting for my answer and the last 9 weeks have been hell. How long should it take for me to get my answer and is there anything I can do? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,321 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I know exactly how stressful the wait can be but sadly there's nothing they can do. The HCPs usually tell everyone 6 weeks but realistically they have no idea of the timescales or backlogs. There's no timescales for any decision.

If the report has been returned to DWP and you live in the UK you can request a copy to be sent to you. If it's not yet returned then it could have been chosen for audit which could be one of the reasons for the delay in making the decision. If a report is in audit there's no timescales how long it will be there for. Audit is nothing to worry about, just so you know.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sammclean94
    How would I go about receiving a copy of my report? And is there anyway to predict results via the report? 
  • sammclean94
    And thanks for the information. 
  • Hartnsoul
    Hartnsoul Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Can you make your local.MP aware of your situation? They need to know what happens in the real.world and hopefully they may act on it. 
  • sammclean94
    Already made the first steps towards that just waiting on a reply.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,321 Disability Gamechanger
    For a copy of the assessment report then contact UC. There will be recommendations at the back of the report and that's what you need to look for. Unfortunately, there's not a lot a local MP can do about backlogs.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.