Q about online PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Q about online PIP appeal

mandyZ
mandyZ Community member Posts: 30 Connected
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone, im new here. (I just posted this in the welcome section I think!)
Just wondering if anyone has completed an online appeal for PIP please? If so, i wanted to know if its possible to copy and paste info onto the form?
I have a couple more questions but I’ll hold on for now!

Comments

• mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    Yes I’ve done this a few weeks back. Copied and pasted myself it’s quite easy & straightforward 
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Hi mandyZ its ok to do a pip appeal online but your best way to win your appeal is to go if your at the tribunal part if this helps you
  • mandyZ
    Thanks mercedesbd, I didn’t want to start it and find out half way through you can’t do that! Next question for you then...is there a page/character limit on the amount of info you can paste please? I want to copy everything onto that what I put in the MR.
    Also, did you get an email confirmation with a copy of the form submitted?

Thanks Gerald, yes I’ll definitely be going to the tribunal, we’ll its for my partner so we’ll both be going. I also want to do a formal complaint to Atos too, but one thing at a time.
  • mercedesbd
    mandyZ said:
    Thanks mercedesbd, I didn’t want to start it and find out half way through you can’t do that! Next question for you then...is there a page/character limit on the amount of info you can paste please? I want to copy everything onto that what I put in the MR.

Thanks Gerald, yes I’ll definitely be going to the tribunal, we’ll its for my partner so we’ll both be going. I also want to do a formal complaint to Atos too, but one thing at a time.
    Hi there’s no character limit I think? I was tapping away flat out and thinking that lol but there’s parts where u can keep adding more boxes for more info.
    And yes I got a text and email of form submition and a further one to track appeal
  • mercedesbd
    mandyZ said:

Hi there’s no character limit I think? I was tapping away flat out and thinking that lol but there’s parts where u can keep adding more boxes for more info.
    And yes I got a text and email of form submition and a further one to track appeal
    I also made complaint to Atos, on holiday so dunno bout any post correspondence
  • Gerald
    mandyZ said:

Hi mandyZ good to no that your going to it all the best and as for doing a formal complaint to Atos best of luck with that as there the best set of B.S. i have ever seen in my life and how they keep getting away with this is just so bad and at the tribunal i was told by C.A.B. not to tell the tribunal about all the lies that where in my assessment from them at Atos.
  • mandyZ
    mandyZ said:

Thanks very much for the info, that’s really helpful, I’ll get on and that a bit later then. 

Gerald said:
    mandyZ said:

Hi mandyZ good to no that your going to it all the best and as for doing a formal complaint to Atos best of luck with that as there the best set of B.S. i have ever seen in my life and how they keep getting away with this is just so bad and at the tribunal i was told by C.A.B. not to tell the tribunal about all the lies that where in my assessment from them at Atos.
    Thank you. I was wary of having anything to do with the CAB so haven’t been to them, their advice in my experience has been rather biased before towards governmental orgs. 
    It is truly awful what these so called health assessors are like. The report was absolutely full of lies so I had no option to explain all of that in my MR. The HP left out all of the relevant info we gave and basically the whole report was lies, I was so shocked when I first read it I honestly thought we’d been sent someone else’s by mistake! 
    Partner has been getting standard daily since 2013 and this was the first assessment since. They scored him zero in everything! His condition hasn’t changed and never will. 
    I can provide physical proof of several of her lies such as, he doesn’t have a bank account and he can’t drive, plus many more. Taking away all the lies and all the physical abilities, which is not in dispute and never has been, then there is practically nothing left in her report! 
  • Gerald
    mandyZ said:
    mandyZ said:

Thanks very much for the info, that’s really helpful, I’ll get on and that a bit later then. 

Gerald said:
    mandyZ said:

Thank you. I was wary of having anything to do with the CAB so haven’t been to them, their advice in my experience has been rather biased before towards governmental orgs. 
    It is truly awful what these so called health assessors are like. The report was absolutely full of lies so I had no option to explain all of that in my MR. The HP left out all of the relevant info we gave and basically the whole report was lies, I was so shocked when I first read it I honestly thought we’d been sent someone else’s by mistake! 
    Partner has been getting standard daily since 2013 and this was the first assessment since. They scored him zero in everything! His condition hasn’t changed and never will. 
    I can provide physical proof of several of her lies such as, he doesn’t have a bank account and he can’t drive, plus many more. Taking away all the lies and all the physical abilities, which is not in dispute and never has been, then there is practically nothing left in her report! 
    Hi mandyZ i don't know how they can have you go to the MR in the first place as even when i pointed out where the report had one thing on one page and then next page have something diffrent on the next page to the same thing and about them not reading the letters from my doctor and the rest as if there not going to look at them is there a point to sending them in the first place my self i think its a numbers game with them lets see if there going to last out to tribunal day the best one with me was at the tribunal the DWP sent someone to put there case about it and at the tribunal after being asked by the tribunal about my appeal then it wasthe DWP and she just looked at me and then did not ask me one thing just put her head down and no its a joke how there doing this day in day out i was moved from my DLA to PIP and if you point out that there wrong you get looked at like you are the telling lies and not Atos or there assessor like i have put hope you win your appeal and best of luck with it all.
  • mandyZ
    Thanks very much Gerald, I’ll let you know what the outcome is, whenever that may be! 

I know, it just doesn’t make sense at all, anyone with an ounce of sense could tell from reading the info that the so called health professionals are lying and not even going by any other evidence, their reports just don’t add up yet DWP workers just back them up! All the people involved in these cases that show gross ineptitude should all be sacked and let them have the pleasure of trying to claim benefits!

What was the outcome of your appeal in the end?
  • Gerald
    mandyZ said:
    Thanks very much Gerald, I’ll let you know what the outcome is, whenever that may be! 

I know, it just doesn’t make sense at all, anyone with an ounce of sense could tell from reading the info that the so called health professionals are lying and not even going by any other evidence, their reports just don’t add up yet DWP workers just back them up! All the people involved in these cases that show gross ineptitude should all be sacked and let them have the pleasure of trying to claim benefits!

Hi mandyZ The outcome for me after a 19 months was a tribunal of 30 to 40 mins and won my appeal and that was with the DWP sending someone to ask me questions and when it came to them she just looked at me put her head down and told the tribunal know questions so I Won my appeal. 
  • tinka1992
    tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
    Hi I'm looking for advice about apeal so I was awarded 4points this assor didn't even right half of stuff even my support worker who came and support me read through it well I'm at the first stage of apeal I have sent in new edavince what are there chances of the first apealing over turning thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    tinka1992 said:
    Hi I'm looking for advice about apeal so I was awarded 4points this assor didn't even right half of stuff even my support worker who came and support me read through it well I'm at the first stage of apeal I have sent in new edavince what are there chances of the first apealing over turning thanks 
    When you say first stage of appeal do you mean Mandatory reconsideration? if so then there's just a 19% chance of the decision changing.

If you mean Tribunal then it's 71% if you appear in person and between 5-8% for paper based.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mandyZ
    Gerald said:
    mandyZ said:

Hi mandyZ The outcome for me after a 19 months was a tribunal of 30 to 40 mins and won my appeal and that was with the DWP sending someone to ask me questions and when it came to them she just looked at me put her head down and told the tribunal know questions so I Won my appeal. 
    I’m so glad you won especially after all that time waiting. It just shows how flawed it all is. 

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Wishing you the very best of luck @mandyZ, please do get back to us if you have anymore questions and let us know how you get on :)
    Scope

• tinka1992
    tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
    Hi I'm at the second stage of appeal for pip as I only got few points  what are there chances of them awarding me it as the lady told me going to court is 12month waiting time
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    tinka1992 said:
    Hi I'm at the second stage of appeal for pip as I only got few points  what are there chances of them awarding me it as the lady told me going to court is 12month waiting time
    It's rare for DWP to offer an award before a hearing date but it can happen. My advice is to expect to have to attend the hearing, that way you won't be disappointed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.