haven't heard anything about f2f — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

haven't heard anything about f2f

Options
Topcat80
Topcat80 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was turned down on appeal in November 2018 I previously had enhanced daily living I was told to reapply I got the form sent it back they sent me a text in Feb saying they had received my form I've not heard anything from them since I've phoned them 3wks ago the lady on the phone said I'd hear about f2f in a couple of wks I'm stressed and worried about it any advice greatfully received thank you 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @Topcat80 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

We as a community do understand.   Many members of our community have been through the assessments including myself. Can identify what you are going through.

Please can I suggest you do get a booklet with helpful, useful guidance on the day of the assessment.

Read it carefully. 

Also may I suggest further if you can go with some one you know. Could be a friend or a neighbour maybe any health or support worker.

I know it can be an anxious time and I would also advise if I can speak to your Doctor. If you feel your anxiety is getting worse.

I have been doing assessments for a long time around twenty years or more.  Have mental health issues and disability.

Always consulted my GP before any assessment.  Does help some guidance and reassurance. 

Always after as well.

Please have a look around our website. We are friendly, care and share.

Please if we can be supportive, ready to listen. Please let the community know.

Wishing for a successful outcome.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Topcat80
    Options
    Thank you for replying @thespiceman I've been told it shouldn't take this long it's been 6months since I applied with still not even a medical the stress and worry is making my PTSD worse which in turn makes my fibromyalgia worse it's like a viscous circle every day that passes I worry what if they have sent a letter and it's got lost in the post so I miss my appointment thanks for listening 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @Topcat80 Thank you for replying to me. Please it is OK this is what we as a community are here for.

Understand what you are going through. Please if I can make the suggestion please if you do not mind.

Speak to your Doctor. That is what they are there for. Any concerns.

Doctors are good also remember can help with anything additional sign posting to anything further you might need.

I know many organisations and additional information from them. Including guidance, advice and wellbeing all helps to eases the conditions you have.

Some to consider.

Please I know it is the waiting . What happens next. Understand all that and have been aware of the relationship between health and mental health.

This is something I do have concerns and care over all our community members.

Please may I ask are you receiving any support for your PTSD?

I use mental health charities if this helps you.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

There can offer support and wellbeing regarding your mental health. Provide additional support and welfare especially benefits.

One final point do take people with disabilities and mental health. 

Hope that might help you. 

Please contact me if you wish to talk or need to have a chat . Ready to listen.

Please keep in touch.  We are here as a community to be supportive.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hi @Topcat80 welcome to the community. How are you doing today? A lot of our members do feel anxious when It comes to assessments or not hearing from anyone. You are not alone in feeling this way. You may want to call them to see if they have sent a letter already, just in case. Please get in touch with your GP, if you need support with managing stress and PTSD.

There's information on preparing for an assessment on the Citizen Advice website., you may find useful. Please keep us updated. :)
  • Topcat80
    Options
    Had my f2f at home last week got a text saying they have my written report and will contact me within 6weeks I'm panicky and anxious about what it says does it usually take that long thanks 4 the advice @Antonia_Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Decision times can be anything from 2-8 weeks sometimes longer, depending on backlog in your area.

Ring and request a copy of the report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Topcat80
    Options
    @poppy123456 Thankyou I'll give them a call tomorrow 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Topcat80 thank you for updating us. Glad your f2f is over and done with. Like Poppy said it can take a while before a decision is made. Let us know how it goes with your report. :) 
  • Topcat80
    Options
    I got my report on Monday then this morning I got a letter saying they now have all the information they need and will be in touch when they have made a decision I'm hoping it won't take to long now 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The letter you received is just a standard letter they send to everyone. It could still be weeks before a decision is made, as it depends on backlog in your area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.