a long ongoing case with dwp for pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

a long ongoing case with dwp for pip

okehmelc
okehmelc Community member Posts: 24 Connected
can any one help me please
i have has an ongoing case with dwp for pip its nearly three years without a decision ive now found out the reason in august 2017 a ucb marker was put on my claim with controls i should have been informed of this as dwp admit in writing so i could appeal it.in may  2019 the dwp removed the marker because there was no evidencer for them to put it on in the first place also in writing they also admit this is is why was claim remains unresolved they also admit in writing i only realised the marker was on there after a sars requestand my claim is still ongoing my question is do i have a claim for compensation for stress no payment and the actual harm to state of health due to this i need legal advice and dont seem to be able to get any please can anybody on here what i should do next thank you

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello you may have a claim for compensation seeking legal advice is your first think to do. May be a CAB could advise or your home insurance may include a freephone legal helpline or some local solicitors offer free legal advice sessions once a week. Keep the community posted on your progress.
  • okehmelc
    so far i havent been able to to get advice on this situation as in my area cab are the only people and they dont have any experienc in dealing with this s i dont no where i can go for legal help

• okehmelc
    is there anybody on here who knows because there are no soliciter who give free advice where i live and cab were not very helful

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @okehmelc

I note from your previous posts that you live around Cardiff.

You are fortunate that you live in an area that has an abundance of free legal advice.

The School of Law, Cardiff University, pro bono unit tel:029 2087 6705.

Speakeasy Law Centre, 166 Richmond Road, Cardiff, tel:029 2045 3111.

Cardiff Law Centre.

Let us know how you get on.

For the record, you face an uphill struggle to prove your claim of negligence and/or injury to feelings by the DWP.

Your only option is to take your complaints to the Ombudsman, which if found in your favour, has no impact of any PIP claim.

Hope this helps.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    This isn't something anyone can help with on an internet forum. I agree with atlas that proving negligence won't be easy.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • okehmelc
    dwp have already confirmed in writing that they shouldnt have put marker on my claim as there was no evidence to put it on they also admit in writing that my claim has been delayed 18 months because of marker on my claim they also say i have been given wrong information. capita are not removing the ucb off their system, dont see how they can refuse as dwp are the data controller, further adding to my delay. now they have told me they havent recieved further evidence from my psychiatriast  who sent it a month ago so I got my psychiatrist to resend it and they say they haven't received that either - further delaying my claim. This farce began in 2016 and still no decision!
  • drewdundee
    drewdundee Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    That is absolutely shocking. Messing with peoples lives. 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Waylay said:
    What's ucb?
    Unacceptable customer behaviour.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @okehmelc

I note from your previous posts that you live around Cardiff.

You are fortunate that you live in an area that has an abundance of free legal advice.

The School of Law, Cardiff University, pro bono unit tel:029 2087 6705.

Speakeasy Law Centre, 166 Richmond Road, Cardiff, tel:029 2045 3111.

Cardiff Law Centre.

Let us know how you get on.

For the record, you face an uphill struggle to prove your claim of negligence and/or injury to feelings by the DWP.

Your only option is to take your complaints to the Ombudsman, which if found in your favour, has no impact of any PIP claim.

Hope this helps.
    Hi @okehmelc

Have you sought free legal advice, as suggested above?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.