help cannot get to appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

help cannot get to appeal

Options
misstracey
misstracey Community member Posts: 85 Pioneering
hiya ive waited 12 months for pip appeal then another  6 months for them to get medical records i got appeal date 10th june 2 weeks ago i cannot attend as my son is on a course hes tried ot take afternoon off but he starts the course the day of the appeal i have no other person to take me i would not get there safely i cannot take a taxi etc i do not leave the house i rang appeals up they said write to the judge and ask for them to postponement i did and sent it recorded delivery ive just got a letter back saying postponement has been refused and that they said its going ahead and that they could make a decision without me there i cannot get there full stop without my son im nothing i rely on him what can i do thanxs in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Is there anyone else that can go with you, a friend maybe? Paper based decisions for Tribunals only have a 5-8% success rate.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • misstracey
    misstracey Community member Posts: 85 Pioneering
    Options
    hiya no  only me and my son i have no one else no other  family or friends x
  • michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    Have you a Social Worker? Bit late now but I’d call and explain how unsupported you are. Good luck. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.