PIP Tribunal was Today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal was Today

Options
HayleyGeek
HayleyGeek Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Today I had my PIP tribunal and have to wait for a letter in the post. This has been over 60 weeks now. 

I was crying in the waiting room severely anxious and nervous. My partner wheeled me in in my chair. 
There was a GP, judge and disability expert. The GP asked me questions about medications and mobility. The judge cracked some jokes and I laughed (which i now regret as i have social anxiety, but nervous laugh i suppose), the disability expert was really rude and mean. I was grilled by her mostly for over an hour, she stared at me with a cheshire cat grin, asking me things like : You are sitting quite fine in your wheelchair, so why do you need help getting into a bath? I explained, and she argued with me about the fact that I am sitting down so, why need help into a bath. ..... Well Its a complete different motion and movement I explained, I cant bend to lift my leg over.... I assume she thinks my chair is the same height as my bath, or that my chair even fits into a bathroom. She grilled me as to why I didnt go to a fibro support group as suggested in some medical evidence, I explained that It was during the week and I need my oartner with me for social support, but he is at work and I cant have him at home all of the time. She said ... but there is medical transport. I explained I have social anxiety and this would make me worse to not have my partner there, but according to her the fibro support group would have helped me with my social anxiety????. Blows my mind. 

I think it went OK. I answered honestly and stuck to my guns. She was mean and clearly trying to trip me up. But they can only go on the mounds of evidence sent and my testimony..... but I dont know if I cam across as credible, the judge and gp seemed satisfied, just not her. It was as if power went straight to her head. Strange questioning... the judge asked me about my fibro and if he thinks my mental health issues caused that... I said I have no clue as no one knows what causes it. He asked if I took anxiety away, would i not have fibro???

What is wrong with these people?? Im holding onto this over 70% being awarded, but please tell me if you had bad tribunals and still got awarded.... that will make me feel much better :)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Sometimes they can't make a decision on the day of the hearing. When this happens they usually write to you within a couple of days but it doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Lots of people aren't told the decision on the day and have successful appeals. Hopefully you should receive a letter by Monday. Good luck and do let us know the outcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Let us know how it goes @HayleyGeek. I hope you get the result you're after. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @HayleyGeek

There is nothing to stop you phoning the tribunal and asking for the outcome of your appeal.

In the light this has been ongoing for over a year now.

Let us know how you get on with the call.
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Options
    I had the same at my tribunal from the disability member, absolutely vile, and I thought they would go through each part and see what or where is was wrong, no they just sat there the doctor asked one question only and looked totally disinterested, the judge/chairman asked a few points and sent me out while they decided. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.