HELP PLEASE PIP TRIBUNAL ADJOURNED — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HELP PLEASE PIP TRIBUNAL ADJOURNED

Options
mysticmas
mysticmas Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Help please ! PIP tribunal Appeal adjourned 

Hi Im my sons appointee for PIP, I will try and make it as short as I can, my son has global learning difficulties, dyslexia, short term memory,SPLD, he recived DLA since 2010, then onto PIP, in2015 he was reasses by forms and also a home visot to apooint me as his appointee, they also telephoned his scholl he had just left to speak to the SENCO, he was award PIP.... in Dec 2017 we recieved forms to fill asking if anything had changed... we then had to attended a face to face assesemnt.... he scored 0 points most of the what the assesor put was lies lies lies! I appealed... we had an appointment for the tribunal.... now the stress of the last face to face assesment for my son before during and after was terrible.... 
so I wrote a letter to the tribunal asking permission that he did not attend, I didnt receive a response so I telephoned as was told My son does not need to attend because I am his appointee, the letter also asked do we have any further evidence.... well in the assessors report she put my son had no additional support in college.... so i telephoned the college and asked if there was any evidence i could use, so they sent me from 2016-2019 all of his learning support assesments (35 pages) which clearly says sam have support and his difficulties ( which contradicts  what the assesor says) .... so myself and my sons dad attended the tribunal yesturdday 7/06/2019 we walked in sat down and was told it would have to be adjourned as they could not go ahead without seeing and questioning my son, and seeking further reports from college.... We came away just deflated... for one I was told he did bot need to attend, so now  I have the stress of my son having to attend,  all the waiting, I have no idea  what happens next or how long it will take, I feel like giving up, is there any chance that DWP could change their decision having recived that additional eveidence ? 
Thank you for any help advise 

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @mysticmas

A very warm welcome.

I am sorry to learn of the difficult situation you are in.

Could I suggest that you seek face to face advice from a welfare rights officer (CAB or MENCAP).

Has your son got a support worker or advocate, that could attend the tribunal with you?

Would your GP write a letter on behalf of your son, explaining his difficulties attending the tribunal.

You could also consider any reasonable adjustments that should be considered.

Please keep us informed.

Hope this helps.
  • mysticmas
    Options
    Hi, my son does not have a support worker we have never been offered one, they have all reports from SPLD centre, Educational Psychologist, speech and language , although these were some years ago his condition has not changed, they have reports from the SENCO throughout school and college, when he left school there was no support offered, just additional support in college,  I think Im going to get in touch with CAB, thank you
  • Survivorgirl58
    Survivorgirl58 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    mysticmas said:
    Help please ! PIP tribunal Appeal adjourned 

Hi Im my sons appointee for PIP, I will try and make it as short as I can, my son has global learning difficulties, dyslexia, short term memory,SPLD, he recived DLA since 2010, then onto PIP, in2015 he was reasses by forms and also a home visot to apooint me as his appointee, they also telephoned his scholl he had just left to speak to the SENCO, he was award PIP.... in Dec 2017 we recieved forms to fill asking if anything had changed... we then had to attended a face to face assesemnt.... he scored 0 points most of the what the assesor put was lies lies lies! I appealed... we had an appointment for the tribunal.... now the stress of the last face to face assesment for my son before during and after was terrible.... 
    so I wrote a letter to the tribunal asking permission that he did not attend, I didnt receive a response so I telephoned as was told My son does not need to attend because I am his appointee, the letter also asked do we have any further evidence.... well in the assessors report she put my son had no additional support in college.... so i telephoned the college and asked if there was any evidence i could use, so they sent me from 2016-2019 all of his learning support assesments (35 pages) which clearly says sam have support and his difficulties ( which contradicts  what the assesor says) .... so myself and my sons dad attended the tribunal yesturdday 7/06/2019 we walked in sat down and was told it would have to be adjourned as they could not go ahead without seeing and questioning my son, and seeking further reports from college.... We came away just deflated... for one I was told he did bot need to attend, so now  I have the stress of my son having to attend,  all the waiting, I have no idea  what happens next or how long it will take, I feel like giving up, is there any chance that DWP could change their decision having recived that additional eveidence ? 
    Thank you for any help advise 

• Survivorgirl58
    Survivorgirl58 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi Mysticmsg,
     I iam so sorry to hear of your awful experience they are discraceful! 
    I have set up a petition 
    To abolish these assessments  which are not fit for purpose!! 
    Please sign this petition on change.org.uk
    Link below
    http://chng.it/v76rwLHS
    THE DWP ATOS AND CAPITA are failing us and lie to denying us the support we need

Good luck! my thoughts are with you
  • mysticmas
    Options
    Thank you, Ive clicked on the link but is not available
  • mysticmas
    Options
    Also is there a time scale if it has been adjourned? Just woundering how long we have to wait? And if it was denied at the next tribunal, can you then out a new claim in?
  • mysticmas
    Options
    And is it possible that DWP might change their decision before the second tribunal? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,206 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When a Tribunal is adjourned there's no timescales for how long you'll wait for another hearing date. It's very rare the DWP offer an award before a hearing. As the hearing went ahead yesterday then i would advise you to expect to have to attend the next one.

This link will help you find what's in your area for face to face advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mysticmas
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.