Problems with PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Problems with PIP

Options
dianadee
dianadee Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello this is my first ever forum so very new to site. I joined as I'm having problems with pip any help would be appreciated 

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @dianadee and welcome to the community.

I see you have had some good advice already. PIP is less about what is wrong with you and more to do with how it affects you. Hence you need to concentrate on the criterial used for pip.

If you have not seen the criteria and how points are awarded you can view them at https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system

You can go through these and see what points you believe you may be entitled to, and your MR should focus on why you are entitled to these points. 

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• dianadee
    dianadee Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Thank you geoark that will help I just hope when they receive my letter they take it all into consideration I'm going to put as much in as I can 
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dianadee

Not to put you off, but please be aware that the majority of MRs still tend to find in favour of the original decision and the next option is to appeal. But we can help you with that if it comes to it. Hopefully you will be one of those whose original decision is overturned.

There are others here who can offer you better advice, personally mine would be to concentrate on those criteria you disagree with, listing them one by one and building up the picture of how it affects your life. 

Another suggestion I have is to keep a diary of your fits and the affects they have as soon after as you can. If you do go to appeal you have additional information and evidence. It would also help you if you decide to apply again, or your claim comes up for renewal.

Anyway I hope this helps.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• G20199
    G20199 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hello 

I am new to here. Can someone please tell me what the Lay disallowance team is within the dwp reagrding PIP. It’s about a mandatory reconsideration of my partners claim and it’s gone to that team because it’s over 13 months. Has anyone experienced this and no what it means and what they do? 

Any help would be much appreciated  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I've never heard of that team before and googling doesn't tell me anything either. The maximum amount of time you have to request the MR and Tribunal is 13 months, after this time as far i know you exceed the maximum time given and won't be able to appeal that decision. Others may have more thoughts on this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.